|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
6 Great Ways to Spend Time with the Kids this Christmas - Articles Surfing
With all the hustle and bustle this time of year, it's really easy stressed out! One of the things that is really important and we cannot leave out is to take time to relax. Spend time with the kids and just enjoy them. They are so excited and amazed at the different sites and sounds of Christmas.
1. Go Looking at Christmas Lights ' Every year, we load the kids up in the mini-van and spend an evening touring around looking at Christmas lights. Some cities even have contests for the best light display. We have houses in our city that the kids can get out and walk around the displays. Santa and Mrs. Clause are available and handing out hot chocolate and candy canes. The kids think this is really cool.
2. Watch a Christmas Movie ' Pop some corn, make your best cup of hot chocolate and snuggle up with your kids in a blanket on the sofa with the Christmas tree light on. Spend the night watching Christmas movies. I know for my kids, they don't even need to be the new release movies. It's just the time we take from our hectic schedules to spend with them that they will remember.
3. Christmas Baking ' You've got to do it anyway. Invite the kids to help you one Saturday afternoon. They love it. I know in my house, the kids know there are certain things that they get to help make each year. We've made a tradition of it.
4. Christmas Crafts ' An afternoon of Christmas music and craft making is perfect for getting your kids to make presents for Grandma/pa's and Aunt/Uncles.
5. Decorating the house ' We did this last night in fact. I know sometimes it's hard to include the kids in this. Ornaments are breakable; we have a certain plan for the way we want the house to look. Including them in even a little part of the decorating makes children feel like they've helped you and that's an awesome feeling for kids.
6. Make a Christmas shoebox for less fortunate' This a great way to show your kids that Christmas is a time of giving, and that it's not just about the toys they get. My kids really look forward to doing this project each year. I think this is one of the most important Christmas activities you can do with your kids.
Whatever you choose to do this Christmas season, take time to slow down and enjoy it. After all, isn't Christmas supposed to be a time for family?
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet