|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
A Few Tips for Camping Newbies - Articles Surfing
A little forethought and organization will payoff in a great memorable adventure for that next outdoors excursion you may have planned.
* Depending upon your adventure [ hiking/canoeing/car camping ] don't take along every thing including the kitchen sink, that's why you go camping in the first place; to get away from it all !''.but always allow for the worst thing that could happen because sometimes it will; freezing cold, sick kids,pouring rain,insect pests,strong winds can all spoil a great time if you are not prepared for the worst and always take along the sunscreen/hat and mozzie repellent.
* If you need to travel light you may be better off carrying food types that don't need to be cooked; the midday meal should be quick and easy for everybody especially with canoeing activities etc and keep the cooking for around the campfire or portable stove at night; try to minimize the eco impact and keep to the established cooking areas.[ be aware of fire bans ]
* Make sure you have all the requisites for a good nights sleep like a mosquito net,mosquito coils and a quick fill air mattress or pad, nothing worse than a bad nights sleep.
* Be eco friendly and take your rubbish away with you unless there are rubbish facilities available and when going to the toilet if you need to dig a hole, make it nice and deep and away from the beaten track;think of your fellow campers.
* Always be considerate of fellow campers,don't smoke out your neighbours with your camp fire or camp too close and keep the noise down to a minimum as we all enjoy a quiet nights sleep and a little privacy , if you must use a generator for electricity be mindful of the eco impact of both noise and spillage of fuels and oils.
* At packup time your camp site should look as if you were never there;make sure your gear is packed correctly , nice and dry, otherwise you will need to dry it out when you get home , because any damp material gear will get smelly and mouldy and possibly rot away .
* Obviously these notes are only a very broad outline'.but you have to start somewhere''..
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet