|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Bass Fishing: A Historical Perspective - Articles Surfing
Bass fishing has a charming history to fall back on. Starting in the late 18th century, it has continued in its progress till date.
The origin of bass fishing lies in the practice of searching for food among the inhabitants of southern United States. From that time onwards, it has started attracting hordes of fans belonging to all age groups and from different nations. This kind of event today attracts participants from countries such as United States, South Africa, Cuba, Australia as well as most of Europe.
* bass fishing sports were born in the year 1768 or 1770. Fishing gurus and lovers were introduced to the first multiplying reels by Onesimus Ustonson. Bait caster was born out of this device a little later.
* the materialization of the production of a level wind device was achieved by William Shakespeare Jr. and its patent was secured in 1897.
* the William J. Jamison Co was responsible for introducing the heavily decorated Shannon Twin Spinner in 1915. It was the father of spinner baits of modern times.
* in 1932, the Tennessee Valley Authority was created at the behest of President Franklin D. Roosevelt who encouraged the building of several dams. Later on different species of bass fishes were cultured in these dams.
* Dupont Co wanted to secure the patent for nylon fishing net five years later. After some time Nylon monofilament fishing line was developed out of this.
* One of the landmark events in the history of bass fishing was witnessed in 1992 when the prodigal fisherman, Larry Nixon won $ 1 m in total earnings for this bass fishing sport.
The following are the various fish species that are being caught in the bass fishing events:
* Micropterus punctatus ' Kentucky Bass
* Micropterus dolomieui ' Smallmouth Bass
* Micropterus salmoides (Lacepede) ' Largemouth bass
Largemouth bass is the most popular species for fishing purpose, but other varieties of Micropterus are also caught. It is to be noted, however, that the above-mentioned North American Bass variants are different from their Australian counterparts though they have many features in common.
Bass fishing became splendidly successful in the 1950s.da popularity of the sport at this time spearheaded the development of modern angling equipments from lures, lines, rods, bass boats and other types of fishing gears.
Along with these electronic gears and reels of various types, which are required during hauling and hoisting were also used by bass fishermen at that time.
Bass fishing industry contributes $ 50 to $70 billion to the US economy and the figures continue to increase. Statistics reveal a spurt in the fan base of this sport. A growing number of people are taking to this sport compared to golf and ten
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet