|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
14 Habits For A Happier You and I - Articles Surfing
Many people exercise, play sports, or know someone who does. Having done so almost my entire life, I have a few pearls of wisdom. To gain an advantage, focus on a full body workout. In sports your base (waist down) are more important than your upper body except the mind and heart. It will bring more life to your conversations and rejuvenate your outlook.
I met a 74 year old man playing full court basketball. He was a teammate of Oscar Robertson (The Big O) on the Cincinnati Royals. He's a joy to watch because of his subtle technique and confidence. He has a team called "Man Up". In an effort to "One Up You", let me know how the following works for you.
If you would like to read the definitive book on basketball, I encourage you to check out The Art of Basketball by Oscar Robertson (The Big O). Be sure to interpret the words on the pages correctly and add your touch. Here's wishing you a lifetime of swishes and assists.
I'm sure for those who play other sports there is a book. Use your imagination to visually practice the techniques. Try blocking 30 minutes of time, identify the skill(s), count the number of mental repetitions, and sets. Then, try it on the field of play. I think you will like the results. Be sure to lead a balanced life.
Good sportsmanship has its privileges. I recently attended a high school basketball game and am disgusted at the behavior of a few. It must be stopped because it sends the wrong message. Additionally, realize it is about winning the game. A negative habit will only hinder your progress as you progress to the next level and beyond. Be in control.
1. Listen to your body and check with your physician before starting an exercise program
2. Do a variety of exercises
3. Play a sport
4. If a body part hurts, don't aggravate it & seek medical attention
5. During the exercise, mentally focus on the body part you're exercising
6. At least two genuine smiles while resting during an hour workout
7. Vary cardio routines including length of time, day, and speed
8. Have at least one brief conversation before or during workout
9. Compete with a sub-goal in mind (repetition required before going to the next level(s)) and reaching a goal
10. Less is more if done correctly
11. Drink eight glasses of water a day '. Start the day with one glass & drink less with meals '. Don't drink it all at once
12. Eat a variety of nourishing foods (include some fruit, one walnut, one pecan, two almonds)
13. Drink no more than 1.5 cups of your favorite sport drink after exercise
14. Don't eat within two hours of exercising for optimal stomach strength
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet