|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Adults! Do not be Afraid to Go Back to School - Articles Surfing
Many adults want to attend school to farther their education, to help develop their personal development and increase their chances of being promoted but they may feel afraid to return to the classrooms. They may be afraid they will not be able to easily comprehend the materials, information or tests administered by the instructor. They may feel they are too old and have been out of the classroom to long. There could also be some reluctance because of the age bracket between their classmates, which could be an intimidating factor for some matured students trying to return to the classroom. But these are some of the primary reasons they should not be intimated by the classroom, computers or the software being used by students today. Okay, maybe I can understand about the computers if you are not computer savvy, but the residing atmosphere can be accomplished. The very reason they need to go back, other than promotional and personal development is to simply say they did it. Remember there are more options for older student than before; one is Online Classes for those who prefer not to sit in the traditional classrooms. As a veteran of some online classes let me say that some of these classes can be rigorous. But that is another story for a later date.
Do you realize that as an adult that you probably have more experience in this era of your life than before; you have most likely settled down and are more acute about your education then before? Let's face it; some students do not succeed at college when they attend right after graduating from high school. College is not for everyone, at least right away. You may be surprised that you could possibly be one of the brightest students in the class. Remember you have more on the ball now than when you graduated from high school. Keep in mind a few reasons why you should not be afraid to attend college.
1. There is a need within yourself to get in the educational arena and become motivated, build self-esteem and know that you can be competitive in the classroom as well as for potential employer, so you need and desire the education to succeed.
2. You have tons of experience that your younger counterparts do not have; this is a plus in delegating yourself to the cause of completing a program.
3. This may be a personal or educational goal and you are just as qualified to complete your degree as anyone else.
4. Sometimes being in a classroom environment allows you to be inspired and inspire others to become mobile in their educational and personal pursuit towards their goals.
5. Your self improvement provides you with confidence and builds upon your self esteem as well as helping others in their self esteem.
6. Finally, you can prove to yourself that you can accomplish your goals by not being afraid.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet