|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Awaken the Creative Genius Within - Articles Surfing
Creativity is a topic that I address quite frequently in my coaching. Many clients come to me stuck on allowing their creative juices to flow. As a professional writer, I have had a lot of experiences with writer's block, and even with laziness. And people know that this is a struggle for any professional artist. So they come to me, to address what is blocking their creative genius.
Each time I coach someone on awakening the creative genius, there are 10 steps that I take them through.
Step 1: Create an environment that is comfortable for you to create your works of art. It is a proven fact that listening to classical music such as Bach will allow creativity to flow. Some people have a special place to do their work, like in a garden, or they have a special table that they sit at to do their writing.
Step 2: Brainstorming is a key ingredient to awakening the creative genius within you. I can't talk about how important it is for artists, singers, or actors, because that is not my gift. But what I can tell you is that brainstorming is essential for writer's. I am currently working on my second book. In the process, I've started it over and over and over again. Each time it gets better, more is added. I personally like to use a mind map or flow chart approach to my brainstorming.
Step 3: Carry a notebook or spiral with you at all times. And write down your ideas all the time. The more you write, the better off you are. Most people have 90% ineffective ideas but the other 10% are brilliant ideas. The important thing to remember is that the 10% will become successful.
Step 5: Problem solve on paper. This is another essential ingredient to awakening the creative genius within. For instance, if you are struggling with what the next chapter should be, write out all of your options on paper, why they are an option, or why something else may work better.
Step 6: Take a break. I know that I spent an entire weekend working on my first book. I rented a room at a bed and breakfast, and took my laptop with me and sat outside and just created amongst God's beautiful creations. But even in such a serene environment, it was important for me to let my creative genius take a break and rest. When you get tired, or when the ideas stop, I encourage you to take a walk, take a nap, meditate, or anything else that will feed your soul.
Step 7: No outside influences. I can't tell you how many times in the midst of my writing, I had the tv on in the background and it hindered my creative genius from coming forth.
Step 8: While you are creating your works of art, do not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. This is extremely important. Art is supposed to come from the artists heart, and if you are under the influence, it is impossible to create from your heart.
Step 9: Read as much as you can about as many different things as you can. As a life and career coach, I have read a huge variety of self-help books. And what my book has become is a collection of everything that I personally have experienced. I have gathered ideas from all these different books, revamped them to fit my own experience and my own style and used them to create my own book.
Step 10: Just as our body needs exercise, our mind does too. Reading will exercise your brain. Crossword puzzles, or anything else that is challenging will help excercise your brain. I believe that within everyone is a creative genius. But she/he is like a muscle, she has to be exercises to become strong and healthy.
I encourage you to take the steps in your next attempt at creation of artwork of any type. I would be interested to hear of your results in these steps. Please contact me at www.visionarycoaching.net.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet