|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Begin the New Year Right'Get Organized! - Articles Surfing
Here we are, facing a brand new year filled with endless possibilities. I don't know if you're the type of person who makes New Year's Resolutions or not, but I have a resolution for you that you should put on your list, whether you have a list or not.
Being organized is a terrific feeling. Being organized helps you in so many ways.
When your spaces are organized you can find things easier, eliminating needless stress from looking for items you can't find. Also, when your spaces are organized you spend less time cleaning, since everything is in its perfect place.
When your schedule and time are organized you can find more time for yourself, for your kids and for your Life.
Being organized helps me to take on my daily life, filled with family, work and social activities easily. Being organized helps me to not only keep up with my life, but it allows me to enjoy it more.
That's why I feel that even if you are not the type of person who makes New Year's Resolutions you should definitely make 'Get Organized' something you add to your schedule this year.
How do you get from one of the most unorganized people you know to being a super organized individual? Here are some tips:
1. Make a 'master list' of all the areas in your home, life, and schedule that need organizing help.
2. Put your list into some kind of order listing the most important things that need to get organized asap first and the things you are just hoping to get organized, but aren't that important last.
3. Take out your planner (electronic, paper, calendar, anything) and start adding all of your items from your 'master list' to your schedule. If you schedule all the items right into your planner you have a much higher probability of actually doing them.
4. Dedicate the first several months of this New Year to your plans on getting organized. It is nearly impossible to get organized over night. Be realistic with your time frame and realize that this might take you several months to finish.
5. Each time you cross off another item from your schedule that pertained to your 'master list' pat yourself on the back and feel good about your efforts.
Remember that being organized is an ongoing process. Not just for you, but for everyone, including myself. Once you organize an area of your home, or your office, or your time you have to be aware that there are forces at work all around you that will try and throw your organization out of whack. Someone will come along and misplace an item you organized. Sometimes that someone is you.
So once you get yourself organized be sure that you put some effort in to staying organized. If you don't put in the effort, you will once again be faced with an unorganized life before you even realize it.
So seize this New Year by the horns and make this the year you Get Organized!
Copyright 2006 Kerry Flinders
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet