| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us |
This site is an archive of old articles

    SEARCH ARTICLES
    Custom Search


vertical line

Article Surfing Archive



Let Yourself Fall In Love With Literature - Articles Surfing

There are many simple but wonderful things in life that many people get too busy to think about or care about. I know that my own life has gotten so busy over the years that I have to be extremely intentional about some of the small things in life that I love deeply or there would be no time or room for them in my life. For example, I love literature. Ever since I was a little girl I have loved reading a good story and diving deeply into it.

You would think that being a published author I would have time to read any kind of literature that I want to at any given time, but that simply isn't the case. I didn't even realize the void that was happening in my life by me not taking the time to read literature just because until a few years ago. For mother's day a few years ago my children got together and bought me a few pieces of classic literature that had been on my infamous "to buy and read" list for years.

There small gift became the inspiration that I needed to make literature an important piece of my life again. I was inspired to fall in love with stories all over again. Quite honestly, I have no idea how I learned to survive and to write stories of my own without being intentional about reading other peoples' stories. You know that familiar saying that "readers make the best writers?" Well, I have learned that it is quite true. Nothing inspires me to write a new story or to take time to edit an old story like reading a good book.

So my advice for you is to pick up a piece of good literature if it has been a while. It doesn't matter whether you are an author or what kind of profession you have, it is simply about doing all you can to enjoy the small things in life. If literature is one of the small or not so small things in life for you, then don't go another day without letting good literature be a part of your daily routine. Get to your local library or to a bookstore and pick up a couple of great stories that you've been wanting to read.

There is good literature out there from ages past and from current authors, so choose whatever you like. Just be sure that you are getting your reading in each week. Reading is to your mind like exercising is to the rest of your body. I really believe that literature is therapeutic and healing.

Submitted by:

Hallidae Thomason

Hallidae Thomason is an author that has recently re-discovered her love for literature. She encourages others to do the same. See www.findliterature.info for more info.



        RELATED SITES






https://articlesurfing.org/short_stories/let_yourself_fall_in_love_with_literature.html

Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).










ARTICLE CATEGORIES

Aging
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Automotive
Business
Business and Finance
Cancer Survival
Career
Classifieds
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Cooking
Culture
Education
Education #2
Entertainment
Etiquette
Family
Finances
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Gardening
Health
Hobbies
Home Improvement
Home Management
Humor
Internet
Jobs
Kids and Teens
Learning Languages
Leadership
Legal
Legal B
Marketing
Marketing B
Medical Business
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Online Business
Opinions
Parenting
Parenting B
Pets
Pets and Animals
Poetry
Politics
Politics and Government
Real Estate
Recreation
Recreation and Sports
Science
Self Help
Self Improvement
Short Stories
Site Promotion
Society
Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Web Development
Wellness, Fitness and Diet
World Affairs
Writing
Writing B