|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
SEO Gap Analysis -- Understanding What It Takes To Get Top Search Engine Rankings - Articles Surfing
Want to know what it will take to get your website ranked at the top of the search engines? It's all about links. Links are the most fundamental building blocks of the Internet and Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
As Google explains on their technology page [google.com/technology/], in-bound links (links pointing to your website from other websites) and Google PageRank are critical to ranking high at the Google search engine. In fact, we've found that inbound links (also called 'backlinks') and the keyword optimized text in and around those inbound links account for about 95% of optimizing for the 'Big 3' search engines -- Google, Yahoo! and MSN Search.
SEO Gap Analysis:
If you want to know what it will take to get top rankings for your keyword phrases do the following 4 steps'
1) Identify Your Keyword Phrases - Research and identify what keyword phrases your target market uses to search for products or services like yours. List them out.
2) Analyze Google's Top Sites for Your Keyword Phrases - Simply go to Google, type in the keyword you want to rank for and see which competitor sites rank the highest. Take note of their URLs. For example: competitorsite1.com, competitorsite2.com, etc.
3) Anchor Text Analysis - Now, go to Yahoo.com and run anchor text analysis to see what their in-bound link text says. Look at the exact anchor text they're using by searching Yahoo! like this' link:http://www.competitorsite1.com. This will display a list of the websites that link to your competitor's site. Click the links, look at each web page and take note of the link text that is hyperlinked to your competitor's website. You'll want to use the same (or very similar) anchor text that your competitor's are using. NOTE: This is time consuming! To speed things up, I highly recommend Brad Callen's 'SEO Elite' software. Simply open SEO Elite, type in your keyword phrase you want to analyze, click all 5 Search Engines and have the software find ALL the links.
4) allinanchor Ranking Analysis - Next, go to Google and conduct the following searches to see who ranks highest for these'
allinanchor: keyword phrase
allintitle: keyword phrase
allintext: keyword phrase
If you're a realtor in Bend Oregon, you'd like your site to rank #1 for 'bend oregon realtor' right? Of course, so conduct the following allinanchor searches on Google'
allinanchor: bend oregon realtor
allintitle: bend oregon realtor
allintext: bend oregon realtor
Why Do We Do This?
This is how you research to see who has the most'
1) in-bound links that say 'bend oregon realtor'
2) links from pages that say 'bend oregon realtor' in the page's title
3) links from pages that say 'bend oregon realtor' in the page's text
If your website can rank the highest for all 3, you should get top 10 ranking in Google (Usually #1!) This is basically how Search Engine Optimization works.
If your site is ranking low for 'allinanchor' you need more backlinks with your keywords in the "anchor text" -- links that include the keyword phrase in the text of the hyperlink.
If your site is ranking low for allintext or allintitle you need to get more "relevant links" -- links from web pages that include the keyword phrase in the text and title.
Simple as that!
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet