|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
10 Things To Look For In A Rental Car Company - Articles Surfing
Rental car companies vary drastically in the type of service they provide. Some are out to scam you from the very beginning, while others are more interested in providing quality service. Obviously, you want to go with the rental car company that will offer you good service at a decent price.
1. Look for a rental car company that have a club you can join to get discounts. Some will offer discounts if you have AMEX Gold or Platinum and it's worth checking out if there is a particular club for a chain rental company. This can allow you to get better discounts and make car rental more affordable for you.
2. A rental car company that offers you the option of using your own vehicle insurance is another thing to watch for. This can save you a lot of money and hassle, if your own insurance company covers rental cars. Check ahead of time to make sure it does. If not, your credit card may do so.
3. Rent your car at a non-airport location to get a break in taxes. Taxes are rising quickly on car rentals, thanks to local politicians who don't have to worry about out of towners voting. The taxes can be up to 45% higher at the airport, so take a taxi or shuttle downtown, instead.
4. Look for special offers. Many companies offer special rates during slow seasons, so take advantage of this and save some cash.
5. An established brand is probably the best way to ensure that you aren't gyped. Hertz or another big brand name in car rentals will be more responsive to your complaints because their reputation depends on it. Going with a smaller company could cause problems later on, so try to avoid it unless you can get several recommendations and know that the company is reputable.
6. Get a car from a rental company that lets you buy your own gas off-site. They will overcharge you for providing a full tank of gas. While nice and convenient, this is not the best option finance-wise.
7. Online rental options are even better. This way you can reserve your car ahead of time online. Many websites even allow you to do this in conjunction with a hotel rental. Combining the two could be easier on your wallet. Also, booking online allows you to find the best deals possible.
8. Get a rental company that allows you to drop the car off at a different location. This is very handy if you are catching a plane or heading somewhere and leaving from another location. You can rent in town, and then drop the car at the airport when you leave, very useful.
9. Look for unlimited free mileage. Not every car rental company offers this, so you will need to check before booking. Otherwise, you'll end up with just a few free miles and then you will have to pay extra for any mileage you put on the vehicle after the limit.
10. If you are a younger driver, you will need to find a car rental company that will rent to you. Most have a limit of 21 years, but some go as high as 25 and require that you have your license for a minimum of 5 years.
Knowing how to find the right car rental company can really save you quite a bit of money and you will find that you can drastically drop the stress of renting a car, too.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet