|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
9 Steps To A Healthy Diabetic Diet - Articles Surfing
Eating an appropriate diet is significant for everyone, but for diabetics, eating decent is crucial for optimum health. In decree to best balance your blood bread degree, better your power to take insulin, preserve a robust eye and remain at a perfect weight, it's significant to consume little bread, plump, cholesterol and sodium. At the same moment, you should consume more complicated carbohydrates and fiber. Look to these guidelines to assist preserve a robust diabetic diet:
1. Eat foods made from whole grains ' such as whole wheat, brown rice, oats, and whole-grain corn ' every day. Use whole-grain bread for toast and sandwiches; substitute brown rice for white rice for home- cooked meals and when dining out.
2. Eat plenty of fresh or frozen fruits and vegetables'leave the edible skins on to add extra fiber into your diet. Fruits are colorful and make a welcome centerpiece for any table. Enjoy the company of family and friends while sharing a bowl of fruit.
3. Eat moderate amounts of fish, poultry and lean meat. Try alternative protein sources, such as lentils, dried peas and beans.
4. Find a water bottle you really like (from a church or club event, favorite sports team, etc.) and drink water from it wherever and whenever you can.
5. Gradually work your way down from whole milk to 2% until you're drinking and cooking with fat-free (skim) or low-fat milk and milk products.
6. Try baking, broiling, poaching, steaming or microwaving instead of frying.
7. Look out for food labels with phrases like "no sugar added," "dietetic," or even "diabetic." These products can contain other objectionable ingredients, like sugar substitutes, that cancel out health benefits.
8. Cook with a mix of spices instead of salt.
9. Slow down at snack time. Eating a bag of low-fat popcorn takes longer than eating a slice of cake. Peel and eat an orange instead of drinking orange juice.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet