|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Foods That Act As Anti-Aging Supplements - Articles Surfing
Certain nutritional supplements can play an important role in how your body ages. There are many different anti-aging supplements in the marketplace today. Some have shown that they can help slow the aging process but most fall short of their promise to make you look and feel young again.
Before you consider buying the magic pill that will make you young again, consider your current lifestyle choices. One of the most important choices is what you eat. Remember the saying, *You are what you eat?* There is a lot of truth to that. There are certain foods that contain vitamins and minerals that can help slow the aging process, give you more energy and burn fat for a younger looking you.
Here is a list of food that gives you anti-aging benefits.
* Avocado oil applied to the skin can help keep it moisturized and young looking.
* Blueberries and Blackberries contain the antioxidant, Anthocyanins. Antioxidants help destroy a form of oxygen, known as ozone, from damaging tissue which actually ages the body quicker. These berries also help reduce the effect age related memory problems.
* Carrots are rich in natural Beta-carotene which is essential in the synthesis of Vitamin A. Vitamin A helps reduce the risk of cancers in the lung, larynx, bladder, esophagus, stomach, colon, rectum and prostate.
* You can find Phytosterols in flax seed and peanuts. It is reported that this can lower serum cholesterol.
* Banana has antacid effects that protect against stomach ulcers and ulcer damage. It also helps the body to absorb more calcium which is beneficial in bone formation and proper nervous system functioning. This can help combat arthritis and osteoporosis.
* Cranberry juice contains chemicals that help prevent and treat kidney and bladder infections.
* The Greenland Eskimos have a lower incidence of heart attacks. It is believed that this is because salmon is a large part of their diet. The Eico-Sapentaenoic Acid (EPA) in the salmon lowers blood serum cholesterol. It can also lower levels Triglycerides in the body. Triglycerides are fats that come from our diet. These fats have been linked to coronary heart disease.
* Flavonoids are the color pigments in most fruits and vegetables. These have antioxidant properties, which can improve lung junction.
* Bioflavanoids have anti-aging properties. They help reduce wrinkles, improve skin tone, tighten skin tissue, and improve pigmentation of the skin. All of these give the appearance of having younger, healthy looking skin.
* Garlic is known to help flush fat from our bodies and helps to moderate blood pressure.
* The Polyphenols in green tea are antioxidants. Polyphenoals have shown to reduce tumors and reduce the risk for rheumatoid arthritis.
* Oat Bran regulates blood glucose levels, aids in lowering cholesterol, and helps in the removal of toxins.
* Rosemary stimulates blood circulation and helps boost the proper functioning of our nervous systems. Rosemary has shown to enhance memory and increase concentration.
* In Traditional Chinese Medicine, bird's nests can be consumed as food. It contains Gycoprotein, which contains Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF). EGF stimulates cell growth and replacement. This helps keep the skin smooth and clear.
* Fruits and vegetables have phytonutrient. This is an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. Phytonutrients have shown promise in reducing the risk of certain types of cancer.
* Lycopene can be found in tomatoes. This micronutrient improves circulation, which helps provide oxygen and nutrients for healthy skin.
* Natural antioxidants can also be found in Spirulina and Chlorella. These nutrients help stimulate the production of growth hormones which are responsible in skin and tissue regeneration.
* Foti (He Shou Wu in China) raises the Superoxide Dismutase (SOD) level in your body. SOD lowers serum cholesterol, prevents premature gray hair, promotes red blood cell growth, and increases longevity on a cellular level.
* Try to eat more lean red meat. The cholesterol found in meat in it is not the culprit in causing fatal heart disease. Saturated fats are found in red meat ha been found as a risk factor in the development of coronary heart disease. There are macro and micronutrients that can be found in red meat. Red meat is rich in Vitamin B6 and B12, which can help to reduce the risk of heart disease.
Nutrients in red meat can also increase the production of the human growth hormone. This hormone is responsible for making more muscle and the hormone testosterone. Testosterone is responsible in giving you energy and endurance. It also moderates the production of fat-producing insulin.
There you have it!
Why buy supplement when you can create your own anti-aging diet menu?
This is not to say that some vitamin supplements are not good for you. Just be aware of the hype and false promises these products make about making you young again. Nothing can turn back the clock, but you can surely slow it down with the right diet.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet