|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Proper Facial Moisturizing Techniques - Articles Surfing
Moisturizing your face daily keeps your skin looking healthy and younger for many years, which is why it is very important to make it a habit to moisturize. Unfortunately, many men and women fail to reach this step in their skincare routines because of being rushed or simply forgetting. Not moisturizing properly can cause wrinkles, cause the skin to be dry, and causes the skin to lose elasticity. These are very important elements to making sure your face looks refreshed and quenched. Even if you don*t see the benefits immediately, you will see them as you age. In the end, you will be glad you did it and this goes for both men and women.
However, some men believe that they don't have to moisturize, but this is a common myth. There are moisturizers out there for men because it is just as important to delay the aging process as it is for women. Perhaps it is the advertising campaigns for moisturizers that only show women that may be the reason behind this misconception. However, when a man goes to the men's section of the health and beauty department at their local department store, they will find that there are a lot of different moisturizers for them to use as well.
The trick is knowing exactly how to moisturize. There is actually a right way and a wrong way. The wrong way is not going to be as effective as the right way. What you want to do is make sure you get the most out of your moisturizer and the only way you're going to do that is by following these tips:
* You want to wash your face every single morning with a moisturizing cleaner that is made just for the face.
* After washing your face with your moisturizing cleaner, you want to pat your face dry. You don't want to rub it because this is considered to be abrasive to the skin.
* If you are a man, you want to shave before you apply any type of product to your face. You want to pay a visit to your health and beauty department at your favorite department store and purchase a shaving cream that is made just for moisturizing the skin.
* If you are a woman, you want to apply the moisturizer before putting on any makeup.
* If you have naturally dry skin, be sure to apply the moisturizer at various points throughout the day.
* At the end of the day, you want to use the face wash you used in the morning to get rid of any dirt that has accumulated on your skin throughout the day. For the women, it is important to remove all makeup.
* You also want to apply a moisturizer before going to bed because when you are asleep is when your body rests and repairs.
By taking these steps, you are properly utilizing your moisturizer by putting it on at the right time during your facial routine. You should clean your face twice a day and throughout the day if your skin is dry. When shopping for a good moisturizer, you want to look at products that have some kind of sun protection. They usually will give you an SPF number and you know the higher the number, the better protection you get from the harmful rays of the sun. This can give you further help in preventing aging and skin cancer. Lastly, be sure to be gentle during washing because you do not want to have to contend with irritation and redness that can be unsightly and uncomfortable.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet