|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Skin Care Cosmetics * Are They Helpful Or Harmful? - Articles Surfing
Is the use of skin care cosmetics helpful, or are they harmful to us?
Healthy and beautiful skin is a great confidence booster. Some people have natural beauty and don*t tend to use any skin care cosmetics, whereas there are others who just don*t use skin care cosmetics due to a number of reasons. Some people feel that skin care cosmetics can harm their skin, and therefore choose not to use then.
However, there are a very large number of people (both men and women) who do use skin care cosmetics as part of their daily routine. This is why the business of cosmetic products is booming!
So then, can the use of skin care cosmetics be helpful, or can they be harmful to us?
Opinions seem divided, but one thing is for sure * Looking beautiful and healthy is surely nice and very desirable. On the other hand, too much skin care cosmetics can surely be harmful (as such, excess of almost anything is harmful). So, what do we do?
The first thing is to formulate (and follow) a skin care routine that will help keep your skin look and feel healthy, as well as clean and bacteria free. The general recommendation is to cleanse and moisturise your skin every day, and to tone and occasionally exfoliate as and when needed.
Beauty enhancing cosmetic products on the other hand can be used as part of your daily skin care routine, or be applied only on special occasions, for example when attending a party.
However, before using any skin care cosmetic (or indeed any other cosmetic) it is very important to select the right product for your skin type. Here is a set of five rules that you should follow when selecting any skin care cosmetic:
1. The general rule is to use products that suit your skin type. This is true both for the routine products and for the skin care cosmetic. So check the label to see what it says. If you have dry skin for example, go for the products that explicitly say *for dry skin only*. General products will normally say something like *for all skin types*.
2. Test the skin care cosmetic before using it. This can be done by applying the skin care cosmetic on a small patch of skin that is not easily noticeable, for example on the ear lobes. This will allow you to check for a reaction of the product on your skin before applying it to a large area.
3. Check the ingredients of the skin care cosmetic for chemicals that you are allergic to. Do not use products that are very harsh on skin, for example products with high alcohol concentrations. These types of cosmetics might work once or twice, but can cause longer-lasting damage to your skin.
4. More is not better. Read the instructions and ensure that you apply the products in right quantity. Also, be gentle with your skin and follow the right procedures for the application of skin care products. Rubbing too hard or trying to squeeze a pimple can lead to permanent damage (such as scaring) to your skin.
5. Finally, if you have a skin disorder (such as acne), you should consult a dermatologist before using any type skin care cosmetic. Again, apply rule 2 if you have a skin disorder to ensure that the cosmetic doesn't cause a reaction.
Remember to follow these 5 basic rules and you will have trouble-free use of skin care cosmetics.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet