|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Slow Down Aging - Articles Surfing
According to the Buck Institute, the first of 78 million "baby boomers" began to turn 60 last year. Currently, there are 34.9 million Americans aged 65 and older, comprising 12.4 percent of our population. The number of those 65 or older will double to 70.3 million by 2030. The 85 plus population is projected to increase from 4.6 million in 2002 to 9.6 million in 2030.
Now, you don't want be part of those statistics do you?. There are ways to prevent if not eliminate premature aging. Follow these simple steps to maintain clear, smooth skin as you age.
1. Stay out of the sun as much as possible. Keep in mind that there's not much left of the ozone layer. UV rays are strongest between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. so reapply sunscreen or makeup before lunch. Brief exposures add up over time to wrinkles and cataracts.
2. Apply sunscreen whenever you will be outdoors. Use a product that is at least SPF 15.
3. Wear a hat while out in the sun.
5. Drink at least eight 10-ounce glasses of water daily. Water helps flush toxins from your body. Dehydration can cause your skin to look saggy and dull.
6.Avoid using soap on your face as it can be very drying. Use a cleansing cream instead.
7.Use a light, non greasy moisturizer everyday - one that suits your skin type.
8.Try to get enough sleep. Cell growth and repair are enhanced by sleeping. No wonder, we call it beauty rest.
9. Eat a balanced diet. Protein is essential for cell repair.
10. Smile. It's the best way to start the day. Frowning causes wrinkles.
Who doesn't want smooth, hydrated, and healthy skin? From basic formulas that claim to keep skin moist, to concoctions that promise an end to aging skin and wrinkles, the choice of a skin moisturizer can be overwhelming.
Look for multitasking products that do more than just add emollients to the skin. In the morning, slather on a combination moisturizer/sunscreen or a moisturizer with free-radical-fighting antioxidants. At night, use a cream that contains a retinoid, Dermatologists still consider retinoids to be the gold standard when it comes to stimulating collagen production.
Remember, you can't stop the march of time, but you can slow it down.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet