|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
11 Essential Tips Regarding Motor Cycle Insurance - Articles Surfing
Motorcycle insurance protects you from many risks. Leading insurance companies offer a great many choices for motorcycle insurance and owners can decide whether they want minimum coverage or comprehensive coverage. Insuring a motorcycle protects the owners from theft, vandalism, accidents, and more. Motorcycle insurance can be bought online or offline from leading Insurance companies.
1. Before setting out to buy motorcycle insurance it is important to know what insurance companies base their premiums on. Surf the internet and read up on motorcycle insurance essentials.
2. If the bike is branded and comes from a reliable manufacturer, then the premiums cost less. Insurance companies compute costs of repair when setting premiums. It is advisable to enquire about insurance before buying a bike.
3. Buy a policy that covers: Liability, collision, no-fault, service coverage, uninsured coverage, passenger coverage, bodily injury coverage, theft, medical coverage, and so on.
4. Use online insurance tools to get at least three quotes for different insurance companies. Always compare insurance coverage and quotes.
5. Find out about multiple policy discounts. If you have a home or car insured and are known as a reliable risk by the insurance company they will cover the motorcycle at a discount. Ask about multiple policy discounts.
6. Follow all maintenance and safety regulations and the premiums on your motorcycle will be much lower.
7. Learn all about capping your mileage. Insurers offer great discounts to people who use their bikes sparingly.
8. Surf the internet for great discount offers on insurance and read up the latest laws and news on motorcycle insurance. This will help you lower insurance costs greatly.
9. Try and ride the motorcycle safety and take good care of wear and tear. No claims means much lowered premiums and great savings for you.
10. Factors that effect insurance premiums are: your age, make of bike, where you live, your driving record and so on. So if you reside in what is considered a safe locality then your insurance premium for the motorcycle will be reduced considerably; find out what affects premium rates and do your best to follow recommendations like safe storage of bike, no riding in winter and so on.
11. Taking DMV or special motorcycle training can get you a better insurance deal. Learn how to save by taking the required classes.
Great savings on motorcycle insurance can be made by following rules, being a responsible citizen and having lower risk factors. Learn about motorcycle riding safety, rules, laws, and more from the *Motorcycle safety Foundation,* at http://msf-usa.org/ .
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet