|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Tips For Getting Motorcycle Helmets For The Kids - Articles Surfing
Greg is an active 2 wheeled biker. The first time this person rode on one, this individual knew this was the best way to drive through the open road in the hopes of adventure.
When this individual got married, a part of this biker wanted to settle down and keep the memory of the past behind. This is the reason that this father of two would sometimes bring the kids out around the neighborhood to reminisce this memory.
State laws require the biker to wear a helmet when driving on the street. The passengers are also required to do the same even if the one in the back is a kid.
Greg knew that helmets for kids are not available where the motorcycle was purchased. This is because the place only sold models for adults so none of these will fit. The best place to go to then is the sports shop since people can get helmets for skateboarding and bicycling.
Here are tips to get the right motorcycle helmet for the kid.
* Before putting it on the child, it will be a good idea to check for defects such as cracks, loose padding, frayed straps or exposed metal that could be unsafe for the child.
* If its safe to put on, the parent must make sure that his will snugly go around the child's head. If this is too heavy, this should be changed for something else. This should be worn for 30 minutes to make sure it is comfortable for those long trips.
* To prevent this from falling off, it is advisable to get the one that has strong straps with two rings so it can be securely fastened.
* The helmet for the kid should be just like the driver's that come in bright colors such as red, yellow, white or orange. This should be made of reflective material that may have stickers in the back or in the sides making it easy for motorists in the back to notice there is a motorcycle in front many yards away.
* The best helmets to buy should be those that have a sticker inside certifying that this has gone numerous tests.
After about an hour in the shop, Greg was able to find two helmets for the kids. The family then went home so everyone can get on the bike and make that first road trip a few blocks away from where these people lived.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet