|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
12 Simple Ways to Save on Gasoline - Articles Surfing
With the gas prices gone up, people need to find ways to keep away from excess fuel consumption. It is vital to save on fuel, especially when you travel long distances. Most of your hard-earned money goes on refueling the car tank.
Hence, you need to look for ways for restricting your car's fuel consumption. For this, you may seek help from different web sites on the Internet providing information on how to save on fuel.
As a first step toward saving on gas, use quality oil to improve the engine's performance. This reduces friction and the car consumes less fuel. Certain branded auto oils bring down the fuel costs from 5 % to 20 %. Next, you as a car owner, have to decide on how to improve your car's overall performance.
1. Use the engine oil recommended only for your vehicle. Do not use under-grade oil, as it reduces the life of engine. Check the octane mark before you buy the fuel.
2. Do not leave the engine on for lengthy periods. Pre-warming the engine for one minuet is enough.
3. Fuel the engine when it is cool, because each gallon will contain more gas, as the liquid expands in heat.
4. Keep gas cap airtight after the engine tank is full. You may accidentally lose on gas, if the cap is not fitted properly.
5. Check the car tires properly before driving for your long trip. Fill the tires according to recommendations of the manufacturer. Do not leave the tires under-filled. Always carry an extra tire.
6. Limit the car's speed while driving on expressways. Make sure to activate the cruise control at regular intervals.
7. Do not drive on bald tires, since they are not only unsafe, but also lead to much fuel consumption.
8. Avoid starting and stopping the engine continually. The car consumes much fuel this way.
9. Do not apply hard brakes. Accelerate the car gently. Ensure you apply brakes at the minimum.
10. Do not load the car with heavy items. This leads to more fuel consumption and the tires tend to deflate soon.
11. Minimize the usage of air condition in your car, since it increases the fuel consumption.
12. Treat the car through proper maintenance and tune-ups. By servicing the car frequently, the engine runs smooth and you save on unforeseen servicing as well as fuel costs. Tell the maintenance team to add the fuel injector cleaner every time they change the engine oil.
You may seek help from different web sites on the Internet devoted to auto users for providing round the clock information to save on fuel. Many web sites post the fuel prices that fuel pumps normally charge.
Hence, locate a nearby fuel station, where you can get fuel for your car at the cheapest rate. Next, it is good to walk the moment you reach the target destination. Avoid taking the vehicle in reverse gear unless needed. There are tons of ways to save on gas, it's your job to find the options and take advantage of it.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet