|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Car Cleaning Tips - Articles Surfing
There are basic tips on how to clean your car. There are also important things you can work and take note of starting from the time you wash your car up to maintaining its beauty and shape.
When it comes to cleaning your car, washing is one of the important things to be done. Make sure to wash your vehicle. You can utilize one in the morning and another one in the evening, to keep it away from water spots. Once they appear, it would take one week or more before you would be able to remove this dirt. You can then start washing at the top portion of your car, all the way down. Then, you can dry your vehicle immediately.
Just a cautionary piece of advice, particularly when using micro-fiber in cleaning your car, industrial sealant manufacturers admonishes it already for washing your automobiles. These micro-fibers are made up of 80 to 85% polyester, meaning it is plastic. In case you don*t know, plastic scratches for over a period of time of usage. This will strip off the coating of your vehicle.
Here is step by step process you can work with:
Step 1- Washing your car
* Wash your car thoroughly to be able to remove all kinds of dirt as well as debris from your vehicle.
* Be sure you use quality mitts. First, use only high-quality and *clean wash* mitts. After this, you can use two mitts. One would be for the upper and the other for the bottom part of you car.
* Don*t ever use dish soap or any washing solution due to the fact that this may strip away the wax, which protects your car. It will also dry the paint off your vehicle.
* On your last rinse, use running water. Never spray your vehicle with water using a hose. The end result will be that the water will dry off easily.
* When drying your vehicle, regularly utilize 100 percent cotton terry type of cloth towel. An alternative would be micro-fiber towels of high quality.
* Once you notice that your car is dry, check the direction of your car from both the sunlight as well as an artificial lighting. This is in order for you to check on the uneven tone of you car's paint. Plus, touch the surface of the car using your palms. This is in order for you to check of any imperfection that may be quite visible to the naked eye. The perfect touch would resemble touching a piece of glass.
* Wash the tires of your vehicle at least four times a year to avoid cracking.
Step 2 - Cleaning your vehicle
* Just in case you forget to clean the upper part of your car and it will show some imperfections, you need to note down that you will have your car cleaned thoroughly. Aside from this, it should be ready for polishing and waxing. To get rid of stubborn dirt, you can use the abrasive method less.
* Be sure to use white coat-safe materials. Regular rubbing compounds can be very damaging to your car and must be avoided at all times.
* If needed, ask for assistance from any professional that has complete materials for getting rid of paint problems.
Step 3 * Polishing your beloved car
* Although polishing is not that important, it should be done frequently, especially with dark vehicles so as to be able to bring out its outstanding shine and beauty.
* To get that expensive looking shines, after polishing of your car, use a wax type of coating.
* A clean polish is excellent for vehicles. This is especially convenient if you want a polish solution that can help your car avoid any building up of dirt.
* Unlike waxes, clean or pure polish is used best for new paint only. This is due to the fact that it can bring out the best from the color of your vehicle.
Step 4 * Waxing your car
* Make sure that you will also work on the dark side and cool surfaces of your car.
* In waxing you car, make sure you apply the wax very thinly. You can then spread the coating so as to get the best color.
* Take note that when you are waxing your car, you need to use dual action products or white foam.
* You should apply the wax entirely. Leave it for a couple of minutes. Then, remove it by polishing it gently in order that the gloss of your car can be maintained.
* Check out the market for quality towels or micro-fiber clothing. This is the best material to use in taking off the wax you placed on your car.
Step 5 * Maintenance of you car
* Once you notice any dangerous agents being applied on your car, you need to have this removed at once. This can also be done if there are any water spots. For animal dirt, you can use an instant detailing agent before this will result to further damaging your car.
* To keep your vehicle always looking good and in best shape, make sure you use quality products available in the market. This is especially with products used for sealing the color and protecting your car regularly.
* If you notice that the products you applied seem very hard to polish, this is a good time to apply new wax on your car.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet