|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Car Security Systems and What You Should Look At - Articles Surfing
In the U.S.A., three quarters of the crimes include property crime and auto theft. Out of the two crimes, auto theft is the most common crime. Vehicles are easy to target compared to houses.
In addition, vehicles have a high demand and thus are expensive items to steal. The other reason for automobile theft is that it can be stolen in no time without leaving any clues that may help identify the thief.
In the past few years, automobile manufactures have provided the vehicle with the basic automotive security systems. Automobile manufacturers regularly try to put in upgraded types of security systems in vehicles, because thieves continue to find out new ways to breach the security system of the vehicle.
Tips for First timers:
It is always a difficult task for fist timers, who buy an automobile security system. Since, they are not aware about the various security system options available, and hence it becomes a bit difficult to make a decision.
However, some features need consideration and this helps the first timers to buy an efficient security system for their vehicles. Mentioned below are some tips on buying the automotive security system that may help first timers:
1. The security system needs to warn an intruder that the vehicle is well protected. Some type of signal or visual reminders such as stickers or flashing lights on the dashboard will indicate the presence of an automotive security system in the vehicle.
2. The security system also needs to have a sound alerting system. The sound alerting system may include alarms and sirens that make sound, if an automobile is being stolen. This helps in creating a state of emergency among the people and slows down the movements of thieves to eliminate the sound. The sound system needs to be sensitive enough and needs to be activated immediately after doors are opened, windows are broken or even on raising the hood.
3. The next feature that an automotive security system needs to provide is an immobilizer or a mechanism that shuts off the engine or fuel pump. Some security systems even lock the hood. This feature prevents access to the engine. The location of such security system is difficult to find, and it delays the movement of the thief to disable the system.
4. Other option for an automobile security system is a tracking system. The tracking system allows tracking and recovering the stolen automobile. These tracking systems activate as soon as the thief steals the vehicle. Some type of tracking systems, provide the exact location of the vehicle by sending an e-mail, paging or by calling the vehicle owner itself.
5. The most important feature that a first timer needs to check in an automotive security system is how efficient it is in preventing false alarms. The owner may adjust the sensitivity of the security system to keep false alarms to a minimum or maximum depending on individual choice.
Newer security systems have dual zone sensing device, which triggers a gentle alarm for minor incidents like a small bump to the car, and a full-blown alarm in case of invasive incidents such as a major accident or stealing of car.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet