|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
5 Features That Make The GBC PB2600 Modular Electric Comb Opener Great - Articles Surfing
You may have a very high-speed binder in your arsenal of finishing tools, but without a quick and effective plastic comb opener, you are not going to get very far very fast. Using the plastic comb opener to spread the combs to insert pages is a critical part of the comb binding process and the GPC PB2600 modular electric comb opener may just be the tool you need for the job
In a crowded market, offering many manual comb openers, the PB2600 is actually the only electric comb opener available today. This can save huge amounts of time on one of the most difficult aspects of the plastic comb binding process. This is especially true for those who have higher speed punch equipment or have even pre-punched their paper.
The GBC PB2600 has many great features * and the following are just a few of them:
1) Foot-Pedal or Press-Button Function: The foot pedal mechanism of the PB2600 is very nice because it allows you to hold the document with both hands, while you insert your pages on the combs. However, even if you do not prefer a foot pedal control, you can use a large button on top of the opener to simply open the combs. Additionally, the PB2600 machine holds your previous setting in memory, which allows you fast and simple opening of combs that are of the same sizes, letting you avoid new set-ups for each new, but similar job.
2) Accuracy: The GBC PB2600 is by far the most accurate comb opener on the market today, and it has the adjustment features to prove it. For instance, the large knob at the side of the PB2600 allows you to set your width for the comb opening. For bigger projects, you also have the option of tapping the foot pedal to incrementally open the plastic combs. This is especially important when you go to insert a number of pages on larger-sized oval-shaped combs.
3) No Flip Stoppers: The PB2600 also has some unusual small black tabs at the back of the machine. The tabs are a helpful tool, known as; *no flip stoppers.* They are designed to ensure that those larger-sized oval binding combs don*t slip from the PB2600 as it is opening the combs, making it a great feature for quick and effective comb opening.
4) It's Modular: This particular comb opener was designed to work with one of several different GBC modular binding punches, like the Magnapunch MP2500ix or MP2000PB, allowing it to neatly stack on to one of these components, or even placed next to the punching mechanism to work with 2 users at the same time.
5) Solid Construction: This machine is built to last, making it a great option for almost any situation. It was designed with the GBC standard of excellence, making the PB2600 the right choice for medium to large volume operations.
The PB2600 is both easy to use and well made, but its not completely perfect. If used in the field, for example, the machine can become dusty and dirty over a period of time. If the PB2600 does get dirty, it can get clogged with dirt and jam, rendering it unable to perform. To combat this problem, the opening hooks need to be lubricated and cleaned on a regular basis.
The GBC PB2600 is a great piece of equipment for companies that often use comb-binding equipment. The PB2600 can be used to actually double productivity over a manual plastic comb opener. Because of this, the PB2600 is great for copy shops, printers, binderies and in-plant print shops.
Small companies may not need the GBC PB2600, due to its incredible power and capacity, but it would certainly help them get the job done quicker and better. The PB2600 really is the right tool for almost any comb binder * so take a look before you make your call.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet