|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Bar Furniture: Setting up Your Bar on a Budget - Articles Surfing
You have always had this dream of setting up and owning a bar. However, with the frugal savings you have in your bank, it seems that this dream will just remain as it is until you find a way to generate a bigger capital.
Yes, it is true that opening up a bar requires quite a lot of money. The bar furniture alone are already costly. In addition, there are still other expenses to take care of such as space rental or purchase, work force, and food and drinks to serve.
Fortunately, you do not really need to spend a fortune to open up a bar. There are ways you can do to buy bar furniture and set up your bar on a budget.
Here are some tips you will find helpful:
1. Start small. Have you ever heard of the expression "big things start from small beginnings?" It is applicable in this kind of situation. As a beginner in this business, it is advisable that you start with a small space, which is easier to fill with furniture and with people. With a small space, you can maximize the little capital that you have by allocating money to other important expenses rather than spend everything in the bar furniture alone.
Then as your business grows, you can gradually expand and eventually open up other branches as well. Starting big right away is not only pricey but can also be quite overwhelming.
2. Go for a theme that is not too costly. When buying furniture for a bar, one of the things to keep in mind is choose those that will blend beautifully with the overall thematic design of the bar. With that said, it is essential to choose a theme that will not be too costly. For instance, a French-inspired bar will require you to buy French style furniture that may not be available locally and will therefore be more expensive.
3. Shop for bar furniture online. Cyber shopping has fast become one of the hottest fads of this era. It is not a surprise since the hectic and fast-paced lifestyle of people drives them to look for innovations that will make tasks and chores easier and faster. Shopping which used to be done manually can now be done with a few clicks on the mouse.
But convenience is not the only thing that the Internet offers. Online, you will find a vast selection of great deals in bar furniture that cost a lot less than when you buy them in department stores or furniture stores. Bulk sales are also available and shipping can be delivered right at your doorstep for a minimal fee.
Just some tips when doing your bar furniture shopping online: rely only on reputable online stores, study shipping policies and return policies carefully, and test an online store's customer service before purchasing from it. Remember, with online shopping, you will not see who you are dealing with face-to-face, that is why it is very important that you are able to find a supplier that you can trust and do good business with.
4. Look for discount sales for bar furniture. A keen eye and tons of patience are the key ingredients in looking for sale opportunities. Browse thru your local papers and look for garage sales, charity resale shops, and thrift stores. These are also sources of excellent bargains for furniture. The only drawback to this is that it is hard to find furniture such as tables and chairs that will be available in many sets or will be ideal for your bar. But if it is your lucky day, who knows? You can also set off to go to department stores on special discount days, which usually happens once or twice every season, or in the middle or at the end of the year.
A few tips when doing your thrift bar furniture shopping:
* Look beyond the fa*ade of the furniture. For example, you find a table that you absolutely adore which you think would be a perfect match to your bar but then you see that its surface is loaded with scratches. What do you do? Don't throw the opportunity of buying this stylish table because of some minor defects when you can repaint it and bring it back to life. Voila, it's the perfect table for a very cheap price. It's the same with chairs and other furniture, if you think you've found some things that are sturdy and stylish but are a little flawed (stains on the upholstery or peeled paint) minor repair can do the trick.
* Don't be fooled by very cheap prices. Of course, you still have to weigh things carefully. You may be amazed with the very cheap prices and end up buying furniture that will cost even more because of repair. Be sure that you opt for those that are sturdy, stylish and will only require very minimal repair that won't cost that much.
Truly, there are many ways you can do to open up a bar on a budget. With a little creative imagination and a lot of patience, you will be able to find the right bar furniture that will go perfectly with your business.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet