|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Pamper Me Please! - Self Care For The Busy Entrepreneur - Articles Surfing
Why am I doing this? I just feel like I can't focus today! I feel like I'm not enjoying my job like I used to. What's the matter with me? I NEED A BREAK!!!!
When you are CEO, head nurse, mommy, head of janitorial services, and chief crafts coordinator, life can leave you a little weary sometimes. As a business owner YOU are your most valuable resource, so it makes sense to take care of yourself! When you start to feel overwhelmed, it's important to know when to slow down and take a break. Below you'll find 10 tips to help you take a vacation pamper and renew.
1) SCHEDULE A DAY OFF: Often when we are the busiest is when we need a break the most. Write a day in your calendar just for you. Promise to enjoy your time off. Turn off the computer, and don't answer the phone. Don't let guilt, or a list of impending deadlines steal your relaxation and enjoyment for the day. 2) MAKE TIME FOR THE SPECIAL RELATIONSHIPS IN YOUR LIFE: Go on a date with you're your husband. Enjoy a cup of gourmet coffee with a friend. Steal away on a mommy and daughter/son breakfast. Write a special note to a friend or spouse letting you know how you feel about them. Give someone a long meaningful hug. Spend a little extra time cuddling with your children before bed.
3) TAKE TIME TO CELEBRATE: Make up a holiday. Invite a friend to a "just because" lunch. Order out for pizza. At our house, we have a tradition called "pajama party". When we want to celebrate, we all get into our pajamas extra early, get all our pillows and blankets, pull out the sofa bed, snuggle up, watch a special movie, and tell each other stories. This is a special treat that the whole family REALLY looks forward to!
4) PAMPER YOURSELF: Indulge in a candle lit bubble bath. Listen to some soothing music. Read a juicy romance novel. Take a day at the spa. Soak up some sun at the beach. Sip a glass of wine and watch the sun set in your back yard. Why not buy yourself a bouquet of flowers?
5) NURTURE YOUR BODY: Treat yourself to plenty of sleep, eat balanced meals, drink lots of water, and take vitamins. If you've been neglecting a checkup, now's the time to schedule it! When you take care of your body, you'll have more energy and feel happier.
6) GET OUT OF THAT CHAIR & EXCERCISE: Sitting in your office chair all day isn't exactly the ideal workout. Head to the gym, take a walk thru the park, or take a dip in the pool. Take in a game of golf, racquetball or tennis. Exercise is a proven stress reducer!
7) CATCH A RAY OF SUNSHINE: Remember the song "I'm walking on sunshine, well*and don't it feel good?" There's nothing more energizing then feeling the sun on your face and breathing in some fresh air. Spend time in your garden, play ball with the kids, or take a trip to the park. I enjoy taking a "nature walk" right in my back yard. I walk slowly looking at each flower, and really taking each detail in again as if for the very first time.
8) BE A KID FOR A DAY: Forget your responsibilities for just one day. Put away your "to do list" and revel in all the things you'd like to do but shouldn't. Let your house be messy, sleep in, eat an ice-cream sundae for supper, and watch you're a funny movie. Make up a silly song. Put on your favorite CD and dance! Mix up a batch of monster size cookies! Let the little kid in your come out and play!
9) RENEW YOUR SPIRIT: Often in the busyness of life, we forget to take quiet time for ourselves. I encourage you to take time to journal, daydream, read the scriptures, and meditate. In stillness, you can tune-in to what really matters to you. Take time to listen to your heart, reflect and honor the quiet voice within.
10) GET A MAKEOVER: Do you feel pretty when you look in the mirror? If not, you deserve to! When you look good, you FEEL good. Get a new haircut or a manicure. Spoil yourself and buy a new outfit. Try a new perfume.
MY PERSONAL CHALLENGE TO YOU: All work and no play make Jack a dull boy! Don't wait until you are feeling burned out to take a break. I challenge you to take out your pen, flip thru your calendar, and schedule yourself a day off. When you are well rested, ou'll have a newfound energy, spark and passion to drive you forward to success!
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet