|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
Alternative Cancer Therapy: How To Spot A Quack
Cancer�s high death rate and the distress and pain of traditional forms of treatment lead many people to alternative forms of cancer treatment. These alternative cancer treatments should not be used to replace traditional cancer treatment, and even if you use them as a supplement, keep your doctor well-informed, because some natural remedies such as St. John�s Wort can interact with cancer drugs. Other alternative cancer treatments should not be used at all - snake oil salesmen abound in the cancer tratment industry, preying on the desperation of sick people. Don�t fall victim to cancer quackery out of desperation.
Below is a partial list of unproven cancer treatments according to the American Cancer Society:
� Anticancergen Z-50
How to Spot a Fake:
Below are some ways to spot the cancer snake oil salesmen:
- They recommend dietary supplements for everyone, whether they are sick or healthy
- They may speak of a conspiracy by the medical establishment to discredit alternative cancer treatment, and may claim to have been persecuted by them.
- They misuse the distinction between �natural� and synthetic�
- Their credentials are unaccredited - watch out for medical diplomas from third world countries or practitioners who cannot produce a license to practice in the US.
- They may claim that cancer, or disease in general, is the result of faulty diet. The alternative therapy they promote may rely primarily on dietary changes.
- And, most commonly, they promise miracle cures or sudden, dramatic results in a short time.
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure