|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
7 Power Steps To Your Dream Career - Articles Surfing
1. Build on your strengths and polish them to sheer perfection. For instance if you are a good writer and enjoy writing* well polish this skill* write even better. Get the best writing courses out there*. Become the best that you can be... invest in your education. Invest in your personal development. This is the best and most profitable investment you will ever make.
2. You are in business for yourself. If it is a job, you are selling your services to your employer, and you have only one client; While in a business you may have several clients. So whether you are doing a job search, or searching for your first client, the concept is the same: You are proactively selling yourself. Learn some marketing and persuasive communication skills.
3. Find out what and how other successful people in your career of choice have 'done it' and model their success. For instance if you are planning to be a copywriter... Find what courses the top people in your industry have taken and take them, find out the books they have read and read them, find out the professional associations and clubs they belong to... and join those very same associations, find the books and courses those people have written and read them and follow through step by step... try to cultivate the same skills, abilities, methods of business. Here don't try to re-invent the wheel, but try to build upon it... Model all the successful elements and leave out all the mistakes and negative aspects.
4. Find mentors to guide you along the way... It is a well known fact that your total income is an average of your 5 closest acquaintances... So to move forward you need to find people who are much further along in your chosen field of business, and use them as mentors. Meet with them from time to time, listen to their experiences, ask for their advise, and use them as coaches to referee your business.
5. Reconnect with your 'inner self' and learn to follow your intuition and live your own values. Of course you are going to be the best that you can be, you are going to model the top most professionals in your chosen career field, you are going to get mentored by people more successful than you are...
But always remember: you are who you are, you have got a whole set of values and inner truths inherently built into your DNA, so before taking any actions always reconnect with your deepest values and follow your own insights and intuitions. These always point you in your true path...
Remember, even the most successful people have got there own limitations and values they live by... these may not be right for you... for instance famous short sighted words of celebrities abound for eg. "Everything that can be invented has been invented." -- Charles H. Duell, Commissioner, U.S. Office of Patents, 1899; or "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible." -- Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895 ... So use your own insights, intuitions and values as your guiding light.
6. Expect to be successful... Your beliefs and attitude count. Yes, almost without fail, what you expect is what you get. If you expect success, you will be successful and vice versa. If you don't believe this concept... try it even for just one day, expect to be successful and experience the best every moment of that day and you will be amazed at how your day turns out... So however outrageous this may sound, monitor your thoughts and beliefs, and try to replace all negatives with positives. Believe in yourself and you will be successful.
7. Take action along the above lines. Merely dreaming or planning will not get you there. You need to start taking action* one small step at a time. Prepare a list of action steps and work through your list slowly but surely.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet