|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
Can you feel that grease dripping from the corner of your mouth onto your hands as you take a bite? You try to slurp in that gooey oil before it trickles down to your hands but instead you are forced to lick your fingers. How about those greasy fries layered in fat waiting to clog up your arteries. The juicy hamburger oozing with creamy mayonnaise intertwined with the thick sweet and sour sauce. Heck, we mind as well go the full nine yards and finish it off with a chocolate chip fudge sundae! I don�t know about you but I felt a little sick to my stomach just thinking about that grease earlier! Just another typical meal for most people on the go or picking up their food at a fast food joint.
What if I were to tell you this meal includes a beautiful scenery, fun event, taste great, served within 60 minutes, and most importantly it�s healthy! Since spring is here lets invite our friends, family, and neighbours for a delicious barbeque!
Let me begin with our entr�e and this is one of my favourite dishes to start off my meal attack. Why I enjoy this one so much is because of the variety of meats and veggies on the skewer to get us warmed up.
GRILLED MEAT & VEGGIES ON SKEWERS
Choice of combination:
Combo 1: Vegetarian skewers-Zucchini, eggplant, pineapple, and peppers. Sauce includes 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon chopped basil, and 1 teaspoon rosemary.
Combo 2: Boneless chicken with mushrooms, oranges, and peppers. Sauce includes 1 � cup of olive oil, 2/3 soy sauce, � cup red wine vinegar, 1/3 cup lemon juice, 2 tablespoons dry mustard, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon black pepper, and 1 � teaspoons minced parsley.
Combo 3: Sirloin steak with onion, mangos, and peppers. Sauce includes 2 cups of salsa, 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper.
Combo 4: Pork tenderloin with apples, onions and cherry tomatoes. Sauce includes � cup cider vinegar, � cup margarine, 2 teaspoons salt, 1 � teaspoons dried parsley, 1 � teaspoons dried oregano, and � teaspoon pepper.
1. Marinate the cubed meat in a healthy dressing you desire and ensure it is marinated for about 1-2 hours for more taste. Be creative with the sauce and you don�t have to use the ones I�ve recommended as you may have other ideas. Go ahead and design your own sauce if you feel you have something healthy that is brewing in your kitchen. Reseal the meat in a bag for 1-2 hours.
3. Grill for about 15-20 minutes turning once. Optional choice to serve with brown rice.Voila the grilled meats and veggies are ready to be served to your guests! That is just the beginning and I am just starting to enjoy myself. Onto our next dish which is the grilled salmon with fiesta sauce. You can choose whatever secret sauce you want and in this case I chose fiesta because this is one of my favourites. I highly recommend you try it once and I know you won�t be disappointed! These days it�s so simple to make your own healthy marinated sauce rather than buying it in the supermarket. You can design your own family special sauce and who knows you may have a product that can be a hit on the market! All I have to say is it getting hot in here or is it me?!
GRILLED SALMON WITH FIESTA SAUCE
1. Salmon Fillet
Brush each salmon with the fiesta sauce and grill it on a medium heat level. Flip the salmon over once it turns pink which is approximately 5-6 minutes each side. Once the salmon is done, drizzle the fiesta sauce over the grilled salmon again.
Alright, I didn�t forget about you seafood lovers! After two successful meals we can move on to something tasty and on the lighter side of things. Folks, how about some grilled lobster!
GRILLED LOBSTER WITH ASPARAGUS
1. 2 (10 ounce) rock lobster tails
1. The grill should be at a high heat
2. Squeeze the lemon juice into a bowl and mix it in with the olive oil. Whisk both ingredients while continuing to add the salt, paprika, white pepper, and garlic powder. Split the lobster tails lengthwise and brush the flesh side of tail with the marinade. Brush over the asparagus as well.
3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Placing the tail flesh side down and cook for about 10 minutes. Turning once and continue to add the marinade frequently over the lobster and asparagus. The asparagus will be grilled about 4-6 minutes or until crisp tender.
A simple lobster dish that is delicious. There is no need for melted butter and the taste is unbelievable! Just make sure you really cut half way through the lobster meat lengthwise so it cooks in the middle. Also make sure you baste constantly to keep it moist.
Now, was I going to leave you helpless to not include the most important dish of the meal? I was just saving enough room for my stomach for the long awaited arrival of my beloved desert! We can finish it off with a fresh watermelon, fruit salad, fruit kabobs, and bowls of grapes or cherries to satisfy our needs. Or if you are like me we can make it a perfect ending by indulging ourselves in a sizzling fruit salad if that peaks your interest? Ok, let me dig into this a little further how simple this desert can be.
SIZZLE MY DIZZLE FRUIT SALAD
1. Homemade Sour Cream-1 cup low fat ricotta cheese, 1 cup low fat yogurt, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, pinch of red pepper and salt, 1 tablespoon of Kool-Aid Orange Sugar Sweetened Drink Mix (combine ingredients in food processor and chill in refrigerator)
2. 1 medium pineapple that is peeled and cored. It is sliced into wedges.
3. 1 medium papaya that is peeled and seeded. It is sliced into wedges.
4. 2 medium bananas sliced diagonally
1. Preheat the barbeque and ensure it is nicely greased at medium to high temperature.
2. Grill fruit 3 minutes per side or when it is lightly browned
3. Add additional toppings if you like with � cup of blueberries and raspberries to the grilled fruit platter.
4. When done place the fruit on platter and drizzle the homemade sour cream mixture onto the fruit.
That was just music to my ears hearing the fruits sizzle. So, who needs cookies, pastries or even chocolates for desert? Just thinking about it, chocolates won�t blend with our party anyhow because we are too smoking hot! Our poor old chocolates will just melt away in the heat!
So, there you have it and that is a simple, fun and a healthy barbeque with our loved ones. I doubt there will be any leftovers but if you do have any, you can keep it in the refrigerator to have it the following day or store it for the week. Make your colleagues go crazy and bring it into work having them go delirious. One look at their own lunch that they just picked up at a fast food place will have them salivating over your food. One word of caution is to protect your food with your life and once you leave your lunch unguarded, I won�t be surprised if it�s missing from your desk!
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B