|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
Clad The New Year Right
Admit it, glorious resolutions for the New Year always include a trendier you with your head to toe overhauled!
But before you desert your most precious wardrobes and hit the fashion shops for much-needed replacements, take a quick peep at these six shots to style, ditching the fashion myths and taking your fashion sense to cheers this 2008.
1. As cliche as it may sound, less is definitely more. When you let out a chuckle upon seeing your friend's overly adorned hairstyle, this golden rule proves true. Don't gear yourself up too much. Spare the rest of your accessories for some other appropriate occasions. Style basics should tell you that some of the simplest wardrobes have found their way to becoming trend staples.
2. What's flashy can be trashy. Let little sister have that fluorescent, checkered stuff for her kiddie party. If you insist on wearing them, make sure they are suitably worn on your best body parts and they serve their purpose which is to flatter you! Leave the overly trendy prints and textures when you shop for your basic wear.
3. The trendiest should not always be the priciest. Unless you are one hot celebrity, fashion styles off the runway may be tough to access. With a "real-life budget", think of how many reasonably stylish pieces can be bought with the price of your Prada. Pick some pointers, but not everything that the magazines tell you. Being a fashion slave doesn't sound fashionably sensible.
4. Classic isn't always classy. With the holidays done, some things may have to go -- including that 80's chic leather jacket. Sure, it was perfect for Madonna, but then that was it. Bear in mind that even the latest fad can fickle. Nevertheless, watch out for the classics upsurge. Think how the 80's minis are making a grand comeback. Make sure you know when and where a classic or last-year look turns heads.
5. Experiment with care. While you've become a fan of the downright conservative, it won't hurt to explore what new look fits you too. Perhaps a lacy shirt that allows some peeks of skin or try a girly skirt that you thought you wouldn't ever wear. Have fun trying things out with a new approach! Everything may seem to mismatch at first, but they might turn out just perfect for you, who knows? Remember that you can't allow style to consume you, but to help you to reach your best look. Tweaking your current style to create the new you won't hurt either.
6. Keep in mind that the basic rules never run out of style. Check your body's proportions to determine what wardrobes fit you. Your age group should be considered so you don't look like you're taking some backwards time travel. Take some intelligent consideration to the current season or weather: is it worth bragging that modish swimwear during winter? Dress for an occasion and do so with propriety.
However, you may want to look good this year. Prioritize what style allows the real you to surface, and show it off. Sacrificing your personality for fashion doesn't do you any favor. As design guru Kenneth Cole puts it, "to be aware is more important than what you wear."
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B