|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
The Home Theater Buyers Guide - Articles Surfing
Shopping for your home theater and setting up your home theater system may be fun less than your family enjoying with your own home theater. Most people do not understand the term used, this topic will guide you to buy home theater electronics.
You have to know first that what the viewing and sound quality you desire. You can get some ideas of the picture and sound quality in each equipments by visiting your local electronics store. Most salesmen can introduce you the equipment in the terms you can understand.
If you decide to buy the equipment, you can buy from the electronic store or deal on websites. The items listed below show how to choose a home theater system.
1. You should choose the television at least 27 inches or bigger to fit in your home theater area. You can make sure that the television set on comfort area, and its screen size is proper with every seat in home theater.
2. If you choose Flat screen televisions, its viewing is not glare. There are two options of Flat TV that are the liquid crystal display or LCD and Plasma screen which are display technology.
3. You should buy a DVD/VCR as a separate component; you should not choose some television which built in DVD/VCR because it will give a better viewing quality when it separates their working function.
4. Digital Light Processing or DLP projection system brings more light from lamp to screen. It is recommended feature for clear, bright picture viewing.
5. High Definition Ready or HD Ready is a television which supports high definition signal with using a separate set box.
6. You can find the Rear projection television in television with screen size larger than 42 inches, but its viewing quality is not good.
7. AVR Receivers relate with audio. It supports the refresh rate to the screen for television, also provides video games input, and synchronizes the sound to the picture. The satellite and HDTV are also type receivers.
8. High Definition TV or HDTV will be the future of television which is recommended to have in your home theater.
9. Recorder/ DVD player / VCR play or else, can be separate components, or in combo units (all in one unit). Some DVD components support Windows media like CD/CD-RW for playing music and showing your pictures.
Audio components are not the core of your home theater. The speakers is built in television, but a good speakers be added in your home theater you will have quality sound.
Your home theater room supports how the sound is interpreted. It is related with the acoustics of room, walls, curtains, furniture, size, carpet which absorb the sound signal.
A long rectangle room with carpet will have acoustics better than a square room with hardwood floors. If you use your existing rooms to be the home theater room, it will not support exact movie theater sound like a theater which is designed for special purpose. If you have no choice to use your existing room, the right sound components will help you get experience better sound.
1. Speakers are a good investment if you want a good quality sound. You can choose the speakers in all sizes and shapes. The watt of power is the unit to determine the quality of sound. For example, a 100 Watts will produce sound quality better than a 50 Watts. The wattage of the receiver is matched corresponding with the wattage of the speaker. The speakers are the most important of all audio components, so you should get the best one you can.
2. AVR Receivers is the brain that takes the video portion then transmits signals into sound; it controls your sound and video system. AVR Receiver uses various watt to separate channels to control and balance speakers.
3. Surround sound is not an essential component; it delivers a cinematic sound quality to your home theater.
4. Sub woofers support more the bass capabilities in your sound system. If you like the thundering explosions sound in an action movie, it is a necessity.
Home Theater Mini System:
You need the Television with a mini system. The separate components installation is more difficult than mini system; you may hire a professional to do it. For mini system, you can get any feature that you want to include VCR/DVD/DVR/AVR/CD, sub woofers, surround sound, speakers, etc. The mini system's cost is much cheaper than buying separate components. The disadvantage of mini home theater, you may be limited on adding-on the output like video games, extra speakers, etc. Basically, the mini home theater provides the components in the kit, so you may not be able to add on as you want. Another disadvantage is the mini home theater may not be included the superior video and sound quality for lower its price. Anyway, if you prefer mini home theater, you should get the best. The mini home theater is like anything else there are good and better ones.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet