|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Christmas Recipes: Cakes & Tarts. No.7 of 7 - Christmas Swiss Roll - Articles Surfing
Christmas recipe makes 8 slices
Christmas recipe ingredients
oil for greasing
Christmas recipe instructions
1. Prepare a swissroll cake tin, about 13 x 9 inch, inserting greaseproof paper into the greased tin and then greasing the paper itself. Shake a small amount of caster sugar around the tin, then do the same with some flour, finally shaking out the extra.
2. Whisk the eggs and sugar in a bowl placed over steam from water at just at boiling point. Be careful not to over heat the mixture. It should be just thick enough to make strands as you lift the whisk out of the ingredients.
3. Take thr mixture away from the heat and continue whisking as it cools, (about 5 minutes). Blend in the cocoa powder and flour followed by hot water (15 ml, 1 tbsp).
4. Take the tin from step one and pour in the mixture. Bake at gas mark 6 (200 degrees centigrade, 400 F) until the cake has come away from the sides of the tin a bit (about 10 minutes).
5. Remove the cake from the tin and place on greaseproof paper, previously coated then shaken with caster sugar. Trim the hard edges off the cake, then bake the rolled up cake (with paper inside) for an additional 20 minutes.
6. Melt the chocolate with water (15 ml, 1 tbsp) in a bowl placed over water just at boiling point. Mix icing sugar into some softened butter and then add the melted chocolate.
7. Take the cold swiss roll, unroll it and add the chestnut paste, spreading over the complete surface. Remove the paper, roll up again and put on a plate.
8. Attach a slice of the roll to the side of the log with butter cream. Preferably a diagonal slice.
9. Complete the presentation by using a piping bag with star shaped nozzle to run lines of butter cream along the swiss roll log. Finally, sprinkle with icing sugar and decorate with sprigs of holly.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet