|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Christmas Recipes: Main Dishes. No.3 of 12 - Smoked Haddock & Spinach Fishcakes - Articles Surfing
Christmas Recipe Ingredients:
Breadcrumbs, fresh 75 g (3 oz)
Christmas Recipe Instructions:
1. Simmer the fish and milk for about 10 minutes. Separate the fish flesh from the bones and skin. Keep the milk. Make some lightly toasted breadcrumbs.
2. Boil even sized peeled potatoes in salted water for about 15 minutes or until soft. Drain and dry at a low heat for a few minutes before mashing with the kept milk.
3. Remove the liquid from briefly cooked spinach (2 to 3 minutes), cut up and combine with the fish and potato. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Make eight fishcakes with the mixture, brush with beaten egg and coat with the previouly prepared breadcrumbs.
5. Cook the fishcakes for 20 to 25 minutes at 200 degress centigrade (400 F) until hot in the middle.
6. For the sauce combine the cream and lemon rind, heating softly. Add salt and pepper, chives and lemon juice.
7. To present: Pour the sauce over the fish. Add lemon wedges and garnish with chives.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet