|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Frothing Milk: The Perfect Topping On A Latte Or Cappuccino - Articles Surfing
Frothing Milk gives a latte or cappuccino its sweet milky top. Getting this right brings the final touch to a great cup of coffee. It also gives you budding barista's a chance to practice and show off your artistic talents. Yes I'm talking about latte art. While not an indication of good milk (you could burn it) it will show others you have a passion for coffee. But before we get all excited about making flower or heart patterns, let's make sure we get the milk temperature right first.
The first tip is to start right. That means cold milk and a cold stainless steel straight walled steamer or milk jug. Yes, cold milk, not room temperature, you don't need to help the steamer wand do its thing. It takes a little longer, but the smooth velvety frothing milk you will have at the end is worth the extra effort.
* Put in the amount of milk you need for your coffee.
* Then raise the milk jug so that the steamer wand falls well below the milks surface.
* Open the steam valve, and raise the steamer wand so it sits just below the milks surface. You don't want to create large bubbles, so somewhere around 1cm (or 2/5 inch) under the milk surface will be fine.
* As the milk rises move the steamer wand accordingly. Remember your aim, smooth velvety frothing milk, not big bubbles.
* Once you have built a velvety surface, push the steamer wand deeper into the milk and continue to heat the milk.
* Wait until the milk jug is hot to touch, not warm, HOT, you should have hot velvety frothing milk.
* Then just pour into your espresso to complete a great cup.
Now, those milk patterns I mentioned earlier? It's called Latte Art. Find out how to make those works of art. Its coffee dressed to impress!!!
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet