|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
A meal in Greece is highlighted with a selection of hot and cold plates known as mezedes. Soups are few but they are meals by themselves.
- The main course is a boiled or grilled meat/fish. There are also many delectable meat stews to choose from, as well as plain grilled cuts of meat and of course the well known charcoal grilled lamb or pork called souvlaki.
- Fish and shellfish are excellent in any kind of cooking.
Salads are usually ordered with the main course and can consist fresh vegetables or cooked dandelions .
- Horiatiki, the traditional Greek salad, consists of tomato slices, cucumber slices, olives, peppers, onions and feta cheese dressed with oil and vinegar.
- Cheese, the most commonly offered in restaurants are feta (white semi-soft and salted), graviera (yellow hard), kasseri (yellow semi-soft), and manouri (unsalted creamy and fattening).
- Desserts, are a delectable treat, including baklava (consisting of strudel leaves and walnuts) and kataifi (which consists of nuts wrapped in shredded wheat with a honey sauce). During the summer as desserts are preferred large peaches , watermelonmelon, grapes and pears
- Greek coffee is like Turkish coffee. Greek coffee is always served with a glass of water.
There is a wide variety of eating establishments in Greece:
- Tavern, eating establishment with emphasis on the traditional cooking and mezedes.
- Psistaria, a barbecue style eating place.
- Estiatorion (restaurant), a conventional eating establishment.
- Psarotaverna (fish tavern), they specialise in fish and almost found by seaside or harbour side.
- Prices and Tipping, in Greece a 15% service charge is usually included in your bill. Menus are usually presented with two parallel price charts. On the left the price of the food and drink. On the right the same price with service and tax included. The service charge is ordained by Greek law so additional tipping is really a recognition of special service for special requests.
Extract from our Yachting in Greece - General Information and info. http://www.seascope-sailing.com/
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure