|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Start A Cake Decorating Business - Articles Surfing
Cake decorating is a fun business, but as with all businesses one of the most important "ingredients" to succeeding in this business is marketing. Continue reading for ten ideas that can help your cake decorating business taste sweet success! http://recipesecrets.blogspot.com/
1. Create a unique selling proposition. Every business needs a unique selling proposition. What is better about your cake business than the other bakeries? Tastier, More beautiful, Unique Style, Better Service? Hopefully all of these features can define your cake business. Create a Unique Selling Proposition for your cake business. This will incite people to talk about your products and recommend your cakes to others as well as set you apart from the competition.
2.Send press releases to the local news agencies, You should do this each time that you participate in community or nonprofit events as well as for any noteworthy happenings with your business. Be sure to emphasize anything that makes your business special or noteworthy in your press release. This will give you a greater chance of your story being used by the editors.
3. Advertise in community newspapers. Be sure to advertise in your community newspapers. You should advertise more aggressively during important seasons of the year, such as the wedding season and graduation in May and June. Also, be sure to place an ad in the local college and high school newspapers for graduation. Think of specials or discounts that you can offer. Be sure to make the cake reservation "time sensitive" in each of your advertisements to encourage action.
4. Create a Website. Showcase your business with a website. Be sure to make your website tasteful and easy to maneuver. A website is a great marketing tool to showcase your skills and expertise. Be sure to include your website address in all of your promotions and advertisements.
5. Locate distributors in your area. A cost effective way to start or expand your business is to locate local distributor businesses in your area. This way you can get more visibility and avoid the cost of an expensive store front. Look for local coffee shops boutiques, bookstores, etc. and see if they would be willing to display your cakes for a commission.
6. Network with local wedding planners. Local Wedding planners could provide you with a steady stream of business. Be sure to provide them with a portfolio of your work and experience.
7. Network with event and party planners. You will want to be included in their list of vendors so that they will either use your services or recommend you to their clients.
8. Sponsor local events, church activities, fund raisers, business openings by offering free sample products. Become a regular at fundraising activities, business events, school and church events. You can offer your products to these outlets at a discount or for free. The exposure that you will gain in your local community is a valuable advertising tool. Be sure to have plenty of brochures to hand out to those interested in your services.
9. Promote Your Business To Realtors. Realtors regularly purchase gifts for their clients when they sell a home. You could offer realtors a special house warming cake for their clients. Be sure to wrap your cake in a stylish cake box which is printed with your business name, address, phone number and website. Also include a coupon with an expiration date on the cake box for the recipient to use.
10. Word of mouth. Believe it or not word of mouth can be one of the most powerful marketing tools that you can use. Now is not the time to be shy. Tell everyone that you know about your cake business and ask them to refer their friends and family to you. Besides being free, you will more than likely find that this is one of the most effective methods of advertising that you can use. Word of mouth advertising could just be be the icing on the cake for your business promotion.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet