|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
The African Chicken Delight - Articles Surfing
Welcome to the Gourmet Chicken Series. Today we bring you Moroccan Chicken.
Moroccan cuisine is considered as one of the most diverse cuisines around the globe. The reason is because due to Morocco;s interaction with the outside world throughout time. The cuisine of Morocco is a mix of Berber, Moorish, Middle Eastern, Mediterranean and African cuisines. The cooks in the royal kitchens of Fez, Meknes, Marrakech, Rabat and Tetouan refined Moroccan cuisine over the centuries and created the basis for what is known as Moroccan cuisine today.
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 Broiler-fryers cut into pieces
2 chopped medium onions
1 chopped clove garlic
1 cup ground almonds
1 tbsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup honey
1-1/2 cups of chicken broth
2 tbsp. corn starch
1 lemon for juice
1. In a casserole heat butter and vegetable oil and brown chicken.
2. Season with salt and pepper and remove.
3. In the remaining fat cook onions and garlic until translucent.
4. Add next 4 ingredients, cook over gentle heat stirring until well mixed.
5. Combine the broth and corn starch and add to the contents of the casserole over high heat.
6. Cook and stir sauce thickens.
7. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
8. Replace chicken, spooning sauce over chicken.
9. Bake in covered preheat oven at 350' for 1 hour.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet