|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Troubleshoot Before Microwave Repairs - Articles Surfing
Microwave ovens never fail to satisfy daily needs of an efficient kitchen. But just like any other appliance in the house, there comes a point in time when there is unavoidable trouble. It is quite hard to distinguish a problem if you are clueless on the symptom of the problem. Therefore, buying anything requires the owner to get educated on the potential troubles in the future.
Microwave oven repair should only happen reasonably in a worst condition. Since it is not like the conventional oven radiated by heat, all precautionary measures could only be based from the product manual itself. Varying in brands, microwaves have general guidelines to consider. Sometimes proper know-how and common sense could save any costly major repair. Know the symptoms of a microwave trouble through observation:
1. Microwave is not functioning.
- Plug the wire to the outlet properly and check for loose connections
- Door must be closed properly or it will not run. Microwaves have this auto-detect function to avoid hazard
- Check and change exploded fuse
2. Sparks are visible inside
- Remove aluminum items in the microwave prior to cooking
- Utensil with metallic trims can cause sparks
- Check if the microwave paint chipped off, repaint it with anti-heat resistant epoxy or a substitute recommended paint
- Burned residues should be scraped at once
3. Turntable is not functioning
- Check if the rollers and tracks are aligned and properly assembled in place
- The glass tray must fit perfectly to the guide
- Check out oversized cookers touching the walls of the oven, hampering the movement
- Broken mechanism needs immediate repair
4. Microwave is active but does not generate heat to cook the food
- Wipe the all walls clean with mild detergent, water and sponge for clear induction of waves
- Listen and observe sounds and distinct buzz of the magnetron, which is the main microwave generator. If this is broken, it will need professional repair.
5. Touch pads do not respond smoothly or simply malfunctioning
- If it happens after cleaning, water could have penetrated through. It will need several days to dry it before using
- Check if insects thrived inside each buttons
- Protect microwave from insects by keeping it clean without residues and smell
The last thing to do is bring the whole unit to a service center. It means you have done all the efforts of careful maintenance of the microwave and you are confident about the trouble.
Sometimes, problems happen out of repeated wrong use of the microwave, which has special instructions different from any conventional cooking appliance. If this happens at once, check out the warranties to save money.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet