|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
10 Steps To Creating A Beautiful Backyard Landscape - Articles Surfing
Create a beautiful backyard landscape that will attract birds, butterflies and wildlife. It's really not that hard and you can make it manageable by breaking the landscaping plan down into sections.
Here are 10 steps that will help you create your own backyard haven.
1) Develop a landscaping plan
Don't rush through this phase. It's important to have an idea what you are trying to accomplish, but it's also important to be flexible enough to make changes to the plan along the way.
2) Plan what features you want in your backyard
3) Break down the plan into sections
4) When you begin to do planting, till the area thoroughly.
5) Plant according to height.
6) Know the best time to plant your plants.
7)When choosing plants, look for sun requirement.
8) Different flowers bloom at different times of the year so plan accordingly. Try as much as possible to have flowers in each section that will be blooming throughout the summer months. Many plants bloom in the spring, some from June to July, some only in August; they vary greatly. There are some that bloom from early summer to early fall and, if possible, it's nice to mix some of these into each section. Having said that, there may be a section where you have bulbs planted that only bloom in the spring. No problem if you plan for this. It is important to keep this in mind, however.
9) Pansies for the winter months.
10) Don't neglect watering your plants.
Follow these steps and you can have a beautiful backyard landscape that will attract birds and butterflies and wildlife. A place where you can get away from it all.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet