|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
5 Tips On Caring For A Bonsai Tree - Articles Surfing
Keeping a Bonsai tree takes a lot of work and dedication. Since these trees have to constantly be trimmed and taken care of.
Here are some tips on caring for a Bonsai tree:
1. Bonsai trees are usually kept in pots or trays. They would need to be repotted once a year. This is to promote the growth of new roots. Eventually, they would need to be moved into a bigger container as the need arises.
The best containers are the ones specially designed for Bonsai trees. These have holes on the side that allow excess water to drain out of the holes, so the plants do not suffer from too much watering.
2. Watering a Bonsai tree is tricky. Since they are contained in pots, there's not much room to water them in. Also, too much watering can cause growth of fungus. The moisture level of a Bonsai tree should be closely inspected everyday, and moderated.
A Bonsai tree should never be allowed to completely dry out. A good method to check for moisture level is to put in a toothpick right inside the soil. This way individuals will now if it is still damp.
3. Bonsai trees need sun light! But be careful, since too much exposure to the sun can also damage the Bonsai tree. That is why individuals must make sure that their Bonsai trees achieve the proper balance of watering, sun exposure, and pruning, so the trees will remain healthy.
4. Remember that there are many types of Bonsai trees. Each will need to be individually cared for according to their type. This especially applies when it comes to the amount of sunlight they receive. So it is important to identify exactly what type of Bonsai tree one has, so they can find proper instructions on how to best to take care of it!
5. Do not trim Bonsai trees with just a pair of scissors! There are a lot of tools available that are especially designed to trim Bonsai tress. Each specific tool serving a different purpose, such as shaping the tree, cutting the leaves, tweaking its branches, etc.
Growing a Bonsai tree is an art form. So much work, attention, skill goes into maintaining its appearance. The trick is to make it appear that not a lot of work has been done to achieve their shape and symmetry. This is why these trees are so special and priced greatly for their beauty.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet