|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
A Useful Tool. Garden Roto Tiller
A small tiller with a 2 HP machine is a useful tool for a home gardener. This small but versatile tool can be used for many purposes in your home garden. After winter. the soil is compacted by the action of snow. This makes the soil unsuitable for planting anything and needs to be tilled before any planting can be done.
Other countries of the world use animals for tiling but since we in the USA do not use the traditional power even for smaller gardens. the tiller is a good equipment to have even for a smaller gardener. The tillers break up the hardened soil and the planting of seeds becomes easier and plants grow better.
Care In Use Of Tiller
Before you start using your newly acquired tiller in your garden. you must do some homework on your garden especially if you are new to the area. You should find out the following before start using garden tillers:
- Location of the utility lines and power lines. The utility lines like water lines and drains may be passing through your garden. If such is the case. you might inadvertently damage these lines causing inconvenience to many persons.
- The power lines may cause even more damage to the area near you house and your own safety may be endangered by your action
- A tiller can be used with a person following a tiller or in case of large tillers riding the tiller. In such cases. it is imperative that you have read the manufacturer�s instructions regarding safe use of machine. Follow these instructions to the letter. never allow your confidence (or rather overconfidence) to overpower you and operate till in an unsafe way.
- The tillers are to be used only for breaking up the compacted soil and it is not to be used as a power machine to remove large boulders from your garden. Any attempt to do so may land you in hospital as the entire tiller may turn turtle and injure you.
- Tillers are good for de-weeding after the crop comes up. In this case use the tiller with the lowest power to make sure that you do not damage the crop. Do not dig deep at this time otherwise; the results would not be as intended.
- Do not leave the tiller unattended. especially when children are around. A tiller not properly controlled can seriously injure a person. It can also cause death sometimes. A tiller can cause injury by taking you along with tiller just as floor polishers do.
If you rent the tiller and do not know the safety instructions. it is better to a contractor to till your garden. This way your work can be done at lower cost and much quicker. This way you will not put yourself to risk and at the same time. your work will be completed.
A tiller does the work of a plow but a tiller is not a plow. A tiller can turn the soil in such a way that new soil is exposed for to elements and when you apply water to your garden . the crop can take advantage of the new soil to grow fast.
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure