|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
13 Effective Home Remedies for Asthma
Read this article to know the best Home Remedies for Asthma. First of all let me tell you what is Asthma?
Asthma happens when the main air passages of your lungs, the bronchial tubes, become inflamed. Asthma is a chronic but treatable situation. It is a very common long-term condition that affects your airways and breathing. It affects the airways, the small tubes that carry air in and out of your lungs. It may be very mild, or it can be very severe. Asthma can be deadly if it's not controlled. More than 20 million Americans are expected to have asthma, an immune disorder that affects the muscles around the bronchial tubes leading to the lungs.
Asthma goes by a number of names like wheezy bronchitis, bronchial asthma, asthmatic bronchitis and reactive airway disease (RAD). Most asthma attacks are caused by allergies to inhaled substances such as pollen, dust, and animal dander. There is no cure for asthma and proper management is essential. The main symptoms of asthma comprise cough, shortness of breath, tightness in the chest, and wheezing. When people with asthma are bare to triggers, the airways in their lungs become inflamed and swollen.
During some asthma attacks, the muscles around the airways can also tighten and the airways can produce mucus. Allergic asthma engages the body's immune system. There is no fixed period of time in which asthma can enlarge.
Most asthma attacks are caused by allergies to inhaled substances such as pollen, dust, and animal dander. They include: Allergens (substances to which some people are allergic) such as pollens, foods, dust, mould, feathers, or animal dander (small scales from animal hair or feathers);Irritants in the air such as dirt, cigarette smoke, gases, and odors; Respiratory infections such as colds, flu, sore throats, and bronchitis; Too much effort such as running upstairs too fast or carrying heavy loads (although people with asthma can benefit from a reasonable amount of exercise);Emotional stress such as excessive fear or excitement; Weather such as very cold air, windy weather, or sudden changes in weather; Medication such as aspirin or related drugs and some drugs used to treat glaucoma and high blood pressure.
Symptoms are: daytime coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath, chest tightness; night-time coughing and wheezing. Symptoms may occur a number of times in a day or week in affected persons, and for some people become worse during physical activity or at night.
Asthma can be controlled by taking medicine and avoiding the triggers that can cause an attack. Uncontrolled asthma can be a danger to maternal well-being and fetal growth and survival.
Here is a list of some best Home Remedies for Asthma:
Home Remedies for Asthma
1) One may mix a tablespoon of honey with a half a tablespoon of cinnamon powder and consume prior to sleeping or one can boil eight to ten cloves of garlic in half a cup of milk and consume it at night and this is a wonderful natural asthma remedy for those who are in the early stages of asthma. This is a useful Home Remedy for Asthma
2) Another helpful natural asthma remedy is figs, which help in draining the phlegm and washing three to four dry figs with water and drenched them in a cup of water would help when eaten on an empty stomach along with drinking the fig-soaked water.
3) There is one more natural asthma remedy in the form of taking a cup of water and soaking one teaspoon of Fenugeek seeds during the night. Fenugeek seeds, which taken with a cup of water overnight is a further natural asthma remedy.
4) Steaming ginger tea with minced garlic cloves must be given two times in a day for asthma cure.
5) For asthma cure the patient should also be made to breathe in steam from boiling water mixed with ajwain. Add one teaspoonful of honey and drink the mixture two times or thrice a day for asthma cure. This is an effective Home Remedy for Asthma
6) Soak dry grapes in water at night and keep in cold milk for half an hour and chew them to treat asthma.
7) For asthma treatments mix one gram of dry ginger powder and one gram of black pepper in one teaspoon of molasses of honey.
8) For asthma cure turmeric can be taken along with honey in the morning on empty stomach to decrease the intensity of attack.
9) For people who are in their premature stages of asthma, a great Home Remedy for Asthma is to boil 8-10 cloves of garlic in � cup of milk and consume it during nighttime.
10) Take very hot water and put in a tsp of honey in it. Take it just before sleeping and take small sips.
11) In 1 cup of water soak 1 tsp of Fenugreek seeds overnight. Insert 1 tsp of Ginger juice and 1 tsp of honey to this. It has to be consumed two times during morning as well as evening. This is another effective Home Remedy for Asthma
12) The roots of the bitter gourd plant have been used as medicine for asthma cure. A teaspoon of the root paste, mixed with an identical amount of honey or juice of the tulsi leaves, given once every night for a month, acts as an outstanding medicine for this disease.
13) A soup prepared from drumstick leaves, and taken once daily, has been found helpful in the treatment of asthma. This soup is prepared by adding up a handful of leaves to 180ml of water and boiling it for five minutes. After being permitted to cool, a little salt, pepper, and lime juice may be added to this soup.
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure