|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
5 Tips and Motivation Hints to Start Your Fitness Routine This Fall!
The crispness of autumn�s air settles in after a long summer of hot and humid weather. The leaves begin to turn vibrant colors and the children head back to school. Adults settle back into their regular routines and begin preparing for the upcoming winter months.
If you�re like most adults, one of your priorities is to lose weight and tone up. Perhaps you want to drop a few dress sizes or add a few pounds of lean muscle. Whatever your goal may be this season, here are a few tips that will jumpstart your fat loss:
1) Eat 5-6 small meals throughout the day. Each meal should be 2-3 hours apart. Each meal should contain one protein and one carb. The first meal should be eaten within an hour after waking.
2) Drink a cup of water at each meal.
3) Rest properly. This means taking at least 48 hours between strength training the same muscles, and it also means getting at least 7-8 hours of sleep per night. Lastly, it means taking 1-2 days off from exercising per week.
4) Cardio should be done at different intensity levels and different session lengths. Consider doing a low intensity/long session, a high intensity/short session and a few medium intensity/medium length sessions.
5) Strength train each muscle 1-3 times per week. You should lift a proper weight and perform the proper amount of sets/reps for your strength training method. If you need more guidance or exercise ideas you can search the web. Try using the search term �strength training woman� or �strength training men� to narrow down your results. Include the quotation marks for best results.
It is possible for us to begin the autumn season and start checking things off of our �To Do� list. The secret to successful fitness programs lies in correct execution. Non-stop dieting or crash course fitness regimes will not help you achieve lasting fat loss.
There are many ways to keep your motivation strong through the fall and winter months. Here are a few that you can begin using right now:
- Join a gym and talk with a personal trainer about your specific goals.
- Find a workout buddy.
- Create a fitness and nutrition journal. Log your daily food intake and workout program. Also note your moods and feelings. Contact me for a free workout log.
- Invest in an ebook. An ebook is an electronic book that many fitness professionals are creating. The ebook should be authored by a master trainer and offer you a complete program on fitness and nutrition. Having a complete guide by a master trainer is one of the cheapest and best ways to succeed.
Whether your goal is to slim down or bulk up, combining the 5 tips above with a focused fitness and nutrition program is the absolute best path to long-lasting fat loss. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Your success depends on you!
Copyright 2006 Lynn VanDyke
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure