|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Acid Reflux! The Cause, the Symptoms and the Natural Treatment! - Articles Surfing
Not sure what that burning in your chest means? Two words that make your day a living nightmare, 'Acid Reflux'! You have put up with the misery for maybe months and possibly years and it's time to do something about it! Acid Reflux or GERD(also called heartburn) affects millions of people each day and might be affecting you! The first step of action is to educate yourself on acid reflux and discover how you might naturally treat your heartburn.
The Cause of Acid Reflux!
There are numerous causes to Acid Reflux but knowing them could possibly allow you to find your problem. It might be a small habit you need to change or a drastic lifestyle make-over. Whatever the cause, it is necessary for you to take it seriously and make the adjustment quickly. The following is a list of causes for Acid Reflux:
1. Too much caffeine (coffee, tea, soda and chocolate) can cause Acid Reflux.
2. Consumption of alcohol (wine or beer) can cause Acid Reflux.
3. Smoking cigarettes can cause Acid Reflux.
4. Eating large meals can cause Acid Reflux.
5. Eating 2-3 hours before bedtime can cause Acid Reflux.
6. High-fat foods (especially fried foods) can cause Acid Reflux.
7. Foods containing tomatoes cause Acid Reflux.
8. Fruits and fruit juices cause Acid Reflux.
9. Tight fitting clothes around mid-section can cause Acid Reflux.
The Symptoms of Acid Reflux!
At its most basic, Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), or acid reflux, is a condition where the stomach backs up (refluxes) and the acid within returns to the esophagus. If you are wondering if you suffer from acid reflux, the following are typical symptoms of Acid Reflux:
1. Heartburn (burning sensation ranging from upper stomach to lower chest)
2. Regurgitation (food brought back up into mouth)
3. Slight to Harsh Chest Pains
4. Difficulty in swallowing
5. Hoarseness in speaking
6. Dental erosion from stomach acids in mouth and throat
7. Asthma and/or cough
A Simple Start to Naturally Treat Acid Reflux!
My name is Bob Barton and I have been naturally cured from Acid Reflux for years! It wasn't always this easy though. Over 30 years ago, I almost lost my life while on the operating table for stomach surgery caused by stomach acid eating a hole in my esophagus! Thanks to God and a simple apple, I discovered a natural way to treat my acid reflux. And 3 decades later, I haven't stopped discovering natural remedies for heartburn/acid reflux/GERD! Over the years, my research-based website and reports have helped over a thousand reflux sufferers with a 97% success rate! I have dedicated my life to the business of helping people live acid reflux-free lives. To get you started with naturally treating your Acid Reflux, please follow these Reflux Rules!
Acid Reflux Lifestyle Changes to Make:
1. Stop smoking today! You need to finally make this change for good!
2. Stop drinking alcohol!
3. Exercise! Find a fitness center that works for you. Many fitness centers are open 24 hours a day. If not, go for a walk 15 minutes a day!
4. Eat small meals! You should eat 5 meals a day (not 3 big meals). The meals should be smaller than the size of your fist.
5. Wear loose clothes! You don't have to look like a clown. Just find something that is not tight on your abdominal region.
6. Avoid lying down for at least 3 hours after a meal. (You might need to get a watch!)
7. Raise the head of your bed 6-8 inches by putting wooden blocks under front bedposts. (This is better than extra pillows)
8. Memorize the causes of acid reflux (above) and make the necessary changes.
Finally, I would recommend taking a look at my website where I explain what changed my life and cured my acid reflux. This cure might work for you and I would love to help with other remedies!
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet