|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
Civil War Uniforms: Double the Value of Your Shirt!
5 Tips to Creating a Shirt that is not only authentic but also Expensive!
You probably will not start the hobby out as much of a tailor. My first few handmade items were a joke, but eventually I got to where I can put together a good uniform.
1. To start, you could purchase a shirt that is already made that has machine buttonholes in it and rework the buttonholes to make it look more authentic. Take a seam ripper and pick out the buttonholes and handwork them.
2. I would stay away from shirts that were real fancy. Check original photographs to get a feel for the appropriate style for your Civil War uniform shirt.
3. I would pick out and redo by hand all exposed machine stitching. Someone can show you how to do that in about 15 minutes.
4. You should have about 6-7 stitches per inch. You have just increased the value of your shirt and made it more authentic.
5. Most shirts were privately obtained although shirts were issued at times even including blue striped British army issue.
Basic sewing skills are easy to learn and very useful. Learning how to sew can also make you not only an authentic Civil War Uniform shirt, but can increase your bank account as well.
Coach McCoach invites you to subscribe to the Civil War Uniform News where you will receive information weekly on every possible Civil War Uniform item! You will also receive a free uniforms course for subscribing. Click on this link to subscribe - http://www.civilwaruniforms.net
If you need the information about Civil War Uniforms NOW, go to http://www.civilwaruniforms.net and purchase a Civil War Uniforms Course
By Paula and Coach McCoach
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure