|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
8 Must Know Tips On How To Choose A Surge Protector - Articles Surfing
Homes and offices can be destroyed within seconds by power surges or fluctuations. Delicate electronics and valuable machinery can turn into liabilities if you don't protect them from harm. According to experts it is sensible to safeguard your office, toys, game room, and electronic equipment from power surges and spikes by installing a surge protector.
Get a surge protector that gives complete protection and has inputs for telephone, cable, electronics, switches, computers, as well as lights and kitchen equipment. Take a check list and determine what you need protected and then decide on the kind of surge protector whether it is simple or an advanced version. In case of any doubts get an professional consultant to help you. Many homes today are constructed with in built surge protection systems.
Here are a few insights into what to look for in a surge protector:
1. Look for a surge protector with a lower UL rating. Always compare clamping voltages and check whether the rating reflects 500amp results.
2. Invest in a surge protector that protects all three lines; hot, neutral, and ground.
3. Ask whether the surge protector has a circuit breaker, one that stops the flow of electricity when there is overloading too. Overloading problems are distinct from surges or spikes.
4. Seek maximum protection and insist on a surge protector that has a ground indicator light.
5. Find out what the response time of the machine is. The response rating indicates how fast the surge protect will react. Choose a protector that has a fast response time.
6. An ideal surge protector must shut off all power to outlets when the situation is beyond its controls.
7. Choose a surge protector that offers coax line protection and has a specially designed digital satellite jack.
8. Many surge protectors have an alarm that rings to warn that it is not functioning and should be replaced /repaired.
Get the best surge protector available online and safeguard your peace of mind and sanity. Check warranties, service requirements, adaptability and features before you buy a surge protector. Look for a warranty that includes a data recovery clause. This is a much needed bonus these days with computers function everywhere.
Surge protectors can be bought online at the best possible price. Top brands like Dynex, Belkin, APC, ACCO and more. Read all about surge protection online and know what you need to protect your home and office. Always buy from reputed online stores and comparison shop so that you get the best surge protector at the lowest cost along with comprehensive warranties.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet