|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
8 Reasons Why ECOsmarte is preferred by Pool Owners over Salt Water Pools - Articles Surfing
1. Swimmers prefer the feel and taste of water treated with the ECOsmarte system over salt water pools by an overwhelming margin.
2. ECOsmarte systems work within a calcium hardness range of 200-2,000ppm. Because it converts calcium to bicarbonate, the ECOsmarte will eliminate and prevent calcium scaling on pool walls and rock features. Salt water pools do not control calcium scaling and will only work within a calcium range of 200-400 ppm.
3. Since salt water pool systems produce chlorine, the sanitizing effectiveness of the system is impacted by changes in temperature, bather load, sunlight and rainfall. Changes in any of these factors may require additional 'shocking' of the water to prevent an algae outbreak. The effectiveness of Ecosmarte is not significantly affected by these factors. An ECOsmarte owner does not have to be concerned about doing anything different to treat their pool if they have 20 kids in the pool all day. The pool water will still provide bacterial and algae protection for a full week or more.
4. Vinyl liners, automated pool covers and solar covers may become damaged from the use of chlorine or salt water pool systems. Since the ECOsmarte system does not require the use of harmful oxidizing chemicals, these expensive pool components can be expected to last their normal life expectancy.
5. Salt water pool systems will use an average of 500 watts of AC power for a 20,000 gallon pool. ECOsmarte systems will use an average of only 40 watts of DC power to treat the same amount of water.
6. Salt water pool systems and the ECOsmarte system both use a chamber in their process. The difference is that a salt water pool system's cell may need to be replaced in 3-5 years at a cost of over $400. The copper bars in the ECOsmarte chamber cost less than $100 to replace and they should last 4-7 years. The ECOsmarte chamber is warranted for 5 years and should last indefinitely.
7. The backwash discharge from an ECOsmarte treated pool is safe for use on lawns and in gardens since it does not contain any salt or sodium. Backwash from pools treated with salt water systems can kill plant life, sterilize soil preventing plant growth and is prohibited in many municipalities in the United States and Australia (where salt water systems were invented).
8. ECOsmarte offers six days per week of toll-free support at 1-800-ION SWIM to consumers, dealers and service personnel. No such support is available by any manufacturer of salt water pools being sold in the United States.
For more information on Ecosmarte Products, Visit http://Ecosmarte.net/
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet