|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
5 Reasons Why The Bissell Vacuum Designs Deliver - Articles Surfing
The Bissell vacuum company might very well be one of the best known and most trusted on the market today. Whether in America or around the world, the word Bissell is synonymous with floor cleaning and has been for well over 100 years.
The company has earned the right to that reputation. The first Bissell vacuum was actually a carpet sweeper, designed by Melville Bissell himself. Back in the 1800s, Melville and his wife, Anna, owned a shop in Grand Rapids, Michigan. When Anna became fed up with having to clean sawdust from the carpets, Melville went to work to find a solution to the problem. The first Bissell sweeper was born.
By 1876, the sweeper had its own patent. In 1883, the first Bissell manufacturing plant opened. When Melville died a few short years later, Anna stepped up to the plate and pushed the Bissell vacuum company into corporate history. Not only did she become the first woman to be an American chief executive officer of a company, but she steered the company into worldwide fame.
As the years moved forward, the Bissell vacuum company not only produced sweepers, but also full-fledged vacuums, carpet shampooers, upholstery cleaners and more. The emphasis was on research and development much of the time, perhaps in homage to Melville Bissell's yin for invention. Whatever the case, the efforts paid off.
Although sweepers put it on the map, the Bissell vacuum company's vacuums are well known for a number of reasons. The stand out features of these vacuums include:
* Availability. Bissells can be found in just about any store that sells vacuums. From corner stores to big box chains, these vacuums are everywhere.
* Parts availability. Standard Bissell parts, such as bags and belts, can be found just about anywhere. The company's makes and models are so popular, it generally isn't a problem to find the right part when it's needed. There are even aftermarket replacement parts that can be found for many models. Actual hardware for the machines is generally fairly easy to find, as well.
* Power. Bissells have a reputation for working rather well. Whether it's a shampooer or a vacuum, power and effectiveness tend to go into these designs.
* Pricing. One of these vacuums is generally quite affordable compared to the competition. Bissell tends to offer something in almost every price range.
* Variety. Bissell vacuums come in a multitude of designs, offering different features for different buyers. From standard vacuums to those meant to help keep a house as allergen free as possible, the company has made sure to create an entry for almost any desired need.
With more than 100 years of corporate history and innovation backing them, it's little wonder Bissell vacuum designs are about as well known as they come. From a wife's request to obtain a little help in tackling a dirty problem to a worldwide sensation, Bissell has come a long way and is still a major player in this field. When effectiveness, experience, quality and affordability are issues, Bissell is often the answer.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet