|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
How The Light's Position Affects Your Lifestyle - Articles Surfing
It is obvious that the well-decorated house would make you feel comfortable and happy to live in. One of the major factors which could visibly assist you to accomplish the tasks is the light setting. If you set the right position of lighting, you could maximize utilities of your room's area.
For instance, if you live in the dark basement of the old house, you could easily change the old dark room to be the new lively and brightly one by good brightening design. In addition, you could specify the directions of the brightening at the definite area with some suitable lamps. Anyway, the lamps that should be considered to be used are not only the beautiful one but the utility that suitable for each area of the room.
Choose the right lamp to the right area
If your room has a limited area, you should not put a pendant at center of the room. Not only it is not bright enough but also could not shine to the specific area you need. It would be better to use a tiny and various lamps to each specific area depend on the purposes, e.g., at the corner of the room, the way to the stairs, or to emphasize some point of precious furniture.
Let's start easy steps in setting the light
1. You should draft a roughly plan first what activities should be needed in your specific room’s area. Which corner should the bed be set? Which area you would like to place the furniture, television set, etc.
2. Then you should set the light lamp that is suitable to the area’s purpose. For instance, at the reading corner you should choose the table lamp instead of wall-fixed lamp that could be more adjustable for the directions. However, if your room is too small, which makes you have only a small desk next to the bed. The lamp should better be set near bed side, i.e., maybe wall-fixed to provide enough brightness for reading. In the latter case, the table lamp does not match for this occasion. Anyway, though a table lamp is good that it is easily movable and flexible, its weak point is that its cord is apparently seen.
3. In case that your room is built up with disproportionately high, you could fix the disadvantage point by light position. If the ceiling is quite high, you should put the light at a low level. On contrary if the ceiling is too low, you cold help by setting the light with a soft glow. On the other hand, at the bed corner you may slightly move a bedside desk aside from the wall and put the up-lighters to make the room soft and not too bright.
4. You may decorate your room by putting a variety of portable lamps in different heights. Then placing them too many corners and you would find that you have brightening your room with a new look.
5. Moreover, the lights could affect your emotions with the safest and most simple way by only set the dimmer switch to your room. It provides enough brightness when you need to read books. At the same time you could take a rest with romantic atmosphere only by tuning the switch.
Finally, we could say that just only put the light to the right position bringing you to have the right lifestyle you desire.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet