|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
How To Choose A Refrigerator - Articles Surfing
Choosing a good fridge is not only about to buy an expensive one, you have to decide about its quality, system and energy saving function. How to choose a good fridge can be described as follows;
1. You should choose the fridge that large enough for all of your family members. For family that has only 2 persons the 2.3 ft3 is the suitable size. The size of the fridge should be increased correspond to the additional person in your family, 1 ft3 for 1 additional person.
2. Choose only the fridge that has heat resistant pad that thick enough to protect the cold leaks out and to save energy.
3. Be aware that a two-doors fridge consume more power than ones that has single door, because the two-doors model uses longer cold transmission pipe.
4. The fridges that has automatic no-froze system will consume for power than the ones that has semi-automatic no froze system.
5. If you have to choose the fridge that uses 110-120 voltage (in some countries may have different voltage power supply), don't for get to ask electricity adaptor. Please also noted that using with adaptor will consume more power.
Use refrigerator to save energy
1. Before use, read entire manual completely and make sure that you understand all detail in manual
2. About the location, you should locate the fridge at least 15 cm away from the wall. Put the fridge a bit away from the wall will increase effective ventilation.
3. Avoid locate the fridge near equipments that generate heat, such as oven, stove and also avoid to locate it against sun light.
4. the slope of the floor is also important, if you adjust the slope of the floor which will make the fridge is a bit lean backward, the fridge's door will automatically close after use.
5. Always check the quality of all rubber seals, which the cool may leaks out.
6. Do not open the fridge too often, and close the fridge's door quickly after use.
7. Often use the auto froze system to make sure that there will be no ice in the freeze tray.
8. Adjust the temperature suitable for each type and quantity of food in the fridge.
9. If you have to go away from your house for long time or there are no stuff in the fridge, you can unplug it until you sue it again.
Using a fridge safely
1. Install ground cable attached to the fridge and plug. If you did not install ground wire, switching the plug anode may reduce the quantity of electricity leak
2. Use screw driver to test whether the electricity leaks out (use type of screw driver that can test the electricity leaks)
3. If possible, choose the fridge that has automatic power cut and resume operation. This will help when your house has power short or uncertain power shortage.
4. If the lamp in the fridge is broken, do not remove it until you have a new one to replace
5. Do not let the area around the fridge wet, it could be danger if your fridge has power leaks.
6. Always remember or take note on emergency numbers.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet