|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
How To Give Your Bathtub A New Lease On Life - Articles Surfing
Over the years, your trusty bathtub can take quite a beating. It is not surprising to see tubs with scratches, cracks, gouges or even burns! So, you've decided to finally do something about it. You could always get a new one, but it certainly can end up being an expensive proposition:
* Bathtubs are not a small ticket item to begin with.
Depending on what shape your bath tub is in, you may have several simpler and less expensive options. Let's examine them now...
Alternatives To Replacing Your Bathtub
1. Repainting: You can have your tub repainted. While DIY kits are available, it can be a tricky process, so hiring someone is usually advisable. Still, this is a relatively quick 1 day process, and easier on the wallet. It is a good way to give your tub a shiny new look, maybe even a new color!
2. Bathtub Refinishing: This process is also known as reglazing or resurfacing, and essentially puts a new surface on your tub, which can easily last another 20 years, with a little care. Refinishing is also usually done within a day.
3. Bathtub Liners: A new liner can be installed over your tub, giving it a brand-new look within a few hours.
4. Bathtub Surrounds: These are walls around the tub, so they do not actually do anything to improve the bathtub itself, but instead dress up the surrounding area.
Hopefully, one of these options can be used, but there are times when the tub is not worth saving, and you may have no choice but to replace the bathtub completely.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet