|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
School Bullying Stopped: 5 Ways to Zap Bullies with the Facts!
So, there is a bully that you just can�t catch! You have been trying for years and no luck!
Well, I have learned with good documentation, anything is possible � even building a great case for catching that hardcore bully.
1. I keep a large file card on each student that I speak with, and the bullies are usually referred to me at some point.
On this card, I make note of the date of the conference and generally what the student and I spoke about. If the student is referred to guidance for peer mediation, that is documented also.
2. If this bully is tormenting tons of kids, I put out a memo to the team of teachers who have the bully in class, and ask them to jot down any bully or teasing behavior they see or hear from the bully.
3. The students who are reporting that the bully is bothering them are asked to write down �exactly� what the bully is saying with the date. Even if what the bully is saying is obscene or gross, I ask the students to write verbatim what the bully is saying to them.
4. Most schools have students for more than one year. Our school has 5 grades, so we have students from 4th to 8th grades. You can pull out documentation from previous years to add to your information from the current year.
5. In my opinion, a bully does not start the school year with a �clean slate.� Pull out your notes on this hardcore bully from past years and add it to your current facts for this school year.
Amazing documentation for zapping a hardcore bully might take you a few months to accumulate.
But, as we all know a bully �bullies� and eventually the staff will catch them and document their bullying.
Getting adequate documentation might take some time, but you will eventually get enough to either remove or rehabilitate the bully.
So, get out your file cards and start documenting! The more incidents of bullying you can cite, the better. And, thanks for helping kids deal with bullies!
Paula McCoach invites you to subscribe to the Bully Zapper Newsletter, which is published weekly with tons of tips on how to effectively deal with bullies in elementary and middle school. You will receive a free special report for your subscription. To subscribe, go to http://www.bullyzapper.com
Purchase the latest Bully Zapper publication, 11 SIMPLE STEPS TO ZAPPING BULLIES! Discover tips on working with the bully as well as the victim, talking to parents effectively, using behavior checklists with success, enabling teachers to deal with bullies in their classrooms, and much more practical and useful information you can use immediately to Zap the Bullies in your school! To order, go to http://www.bullyzapper.com
©2005 Permission granted to reprint this article in print or on your web site so long as the paragraph above is included and contact information is provided to the email firstname.lastname@example.org and http://www.bullyzapper.com
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure