|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
32 Services Provided By a Legal Nurse Consultant
Legal nurse consultants apply their knowledge and understanding of medical, nursing and health-related issues to make the attorney's job easier, more efficient and more effective.
Legal nurse consultants are medical insiders who know the inner workings of our complicated healthcare system firsthand. Their professional expertise as an RN and a legal nurse consultant qualifies them to provide the following services:
Assessing Medical Records and Analyzing the Case
* Identify, locate, review and interpret relevant medical records, hospital policies and procedures, other documents and tangible items.
* Organize, tab and paginate medical records for easy reference.
* Prepare chronologies of the medical events involved in a case.
* Summarize, translate and interpret medical records.
* Identify issues of tampering with the medical records.
* Screen medical malpractice cases for merit.
* Identify, locate, summarize and interpret applicable standards of care.
* Identify adherences to and deviations from these standards.
* Identify causation issues, assess damages/injuries and identify contributing factors.
* Identify and recommend potential defendants.
* Develop written reports for the attorney's use as study tools.
Supporting the Attorney's Case
* Search and summarize medical and nursing literature and integrate results of your search into case analysis.
* Analyze the validity of research studies relied on by all parties.
* Coordinate and attend independent medical examinations.
* Help in developing life care plans.
* Expand the attorney's medical library.
Serving as the Attorney's Liaison
* Interview plaintiff and defense clients, key witnesses and experts.
* Consult with healthcare providers.
* Meet with other consultants and service providers on the attorney's behalf.
Working with Experts and Other Witnesses
* Identify types of testifying experts needed for the case.
* Find and communicate with appropriate expert witnesses for deposition and trial.
* Analyze potential experts' reports and other work product.
* Help prepare witnesses and experts for deposition and trial.
* Serve as an expert witness and testify to the nursing standard of care.
Assisting with Discovery and Preparing for Court
* Prepare questions for deposition or trial examination (direct or cross).
* Prepare interrogatories and requests for production.
* Review and draft responses to various legal documents and correspondence for the attorney's signature.
* Analyze and summarize depositions and past testimony.
* Assist with exhibit preparation and other demonstrative evidence.
* Attend courtroom proceedings when relevant.
* Coordinate and assist with facilitating focus groups and mock trials.
* Assist in resolution of cases through alternative dispute resolution, such as arbitration and mediation.
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure